Tyrion Lannister - Reconnect

"Weddings are so boring," you had whined, rolling over on the bed to come face-to-face with your husband. "Do we have to attend? I would much rather lay here in bed then go to this."

"I know, love. I feel the same way. Soon enough we will back in this bed together, and preferably with fewer layers on." He started tugging on your gown, pulling it off of your shoulder and placing kisses down your neckline. You had giggled and laughed, enjoying the little alone time you had with your husband.

At the time, you hadn't expected this to be the last happy memory of your time together. At the king's wedding, Tyrion had been accused of poisoning the king. He had been thrown into the dungeons and Tywin had refused to let you see him. The trial had been quick, with him declaring trial by combat.

Which is what had led you to sitting on a boat for a month, heading to a land that was unknown to you, with your husband trapped in a box. Lord Varys had set everything up for the two of you to get out of Kingslanding, and this had been the only way. He had insisted on one thing, that you had no interaction with Tyrion until he was out of the crate.

You knew it was for the right reasons, most of the people on the ship didn't know about Tyrion because he was deemed a traitor. If anyone saw you talking to a crate, knowing that you are the husband of Tyrion Lannister, they would figure it out very quickly. The past few weeks had been absolute torture for you. Varys had given you very short updates every day on his condition but they did very little to tide you over.

Today was finally the day that you got to see him though. Land had just been spotted and the excitement you felt coursing through your whole body made it seem like you were floating. You so desperately wanted to see him and be in his arms, there was nothing else you could think about. It took all of your will power to not smile, to keep a straight face.

Lord Varys escorted you to a wagon, helping you into the back next to the crate with Tyrion inside, while he sat up front with the driver. It's a bumpy and slow ride, the streets filled with people. You grabbed onto the crate to steady yourself after a very large bump, some of your fingers going into the holes in the side of it. You feel him squeeze your fingers gently, not letting go of them. You cover your mouth with your free hand as tests begin to slip down your face.

Taking a deep breath to calm yourself, you focus on the feeling of his hand holding your fingers. You let it anchor you as the bumpy ride continues. It takes a few seconds for you to realize that you have stopped moving. Varys helps you out of the carriage while the driver gets the crate. He puts it on the ground not so gently before climbing back in and leaving. 

Darrio, as Varys introduced him as, has a slave pry open the crate as soon as he greets you outside his gates. As soon as the lid falls off, Tyrion crawls out of the small space, trying to block the sun from his face with his hand. 

You quickly fall to your knees and wrap your arms around him. He slowly does the same, pulling your body closer to his. You bury your head in his kneck, tears beginning to fall. You are barely aware of the fact that Varys and Darrio have left to give the two of you some space. 

"I love you so much," you mumble, pulling away from him slightly. 

"You have no idea how much I've missed having you in my arms." 

"Probably as much as I have missed being in them." He grins, placing a soft kiss on your lips. "I was so worried, Tyrion. I thought you were going to die and leave me alone in this cruel world."

"I would never leave you." He cups your cheek gently and you lean into him, loving being able to touch him again. "If I recall correctly, I promised you a day in bed where clothing is very, very optional." You giggle as you feel your cheeks heat up. 

"I think you should wash up a bit, perhaps, before we do anything." He glances down at himself. 

"Yes, I think so as well." You connect your lips to his, never wanting to let go of him.