Outside - Beric Dondarrion

You have never felt that you fit working in the castles for anyone. The outdoors has always called out to you, it has felt more like your home than anywhere you have ever stayed as felt. After a fire destroyed your families farm and killed your mother and father it became even more important to you. It was a way for you to escape reality for a time.

The only person who has ever even somewhat understood how you felt was Beric. He didn't really understand everything, but he got that you needed an escape sometimes. Sometimes he needed an escape too, with him having died a few times. So at least once a week Beric would wake you up in the middle of the night when the rest of his men were sleeping, and the two of you would sneak out of the cave. Most of the time you would just go on little walks in the woods but sometimes you would just sit and talk.

You had grown close to him, much closer than either of you had intended. He became someone that you could lean on, someone that always stuck up for you and looked out for you. You did have to admit that he did confuse you though.

When you were in public he always seemed to be near you, following you around the cave or watching your every move. Even other people have mentioned that it kind of seems like the two of you have feelings for each other. But when he takes you outside and you guys are by yourself, he will not even so much as truly glance at you. The whole situation annoys you to no end.

You keep telling yourself that you need to stop thinking about him, but in moments like these where you are sitting by the fire and not having to do anything, he is the only thing on your mind. And it seems like he knows it as he comes over and sits beside you.

"Are you alright?" You can hear the genuine concern in his voice but all you can focus on is the fact that the sides of your bodies are pressed together when there is plenty of space for him to be further away from you.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking is all."

"You seem to be doing that a lot these days then."

"Well, there is a lot to think about. All these men claiming to be the next king, all of the dead, my family, you." You say the last part softly. You know it isn't his favorite thing to talk about because every time he feels like less and less of himself is actually coming back.

"Aye, suppose that is a lot to think about. Don't need to think about me though, so take that off the list."

"What are you talking about? Of course, I am thinking about you." You look away from him, suddenly feeling really shy. "Can we sneak out later?"

"Maybe. Have to wait and see. I like to keep ya on yer toes." He grins slyly at you before standing up and walking over to one of his men.

--------------

The all too familiar feeling of you gently being shaken out of your dream greets you later that night. Your eyes slowly blink open and you reach up to rub the sleep out of them. A hand gently moves a strand of hair out of your face and tucks it behind your ear. You look up and meet the all to familiar gaze of Beric from his one eye.

"Come on," he says softly. You wiggle out of your furs and he pulls you to your feet. You can't help the grin that appears on your face as he holds your hand and tugs you through the cave and to the only way in or out of it.

Once outside, you close your eyes and take a deep breath, happy to smell something other than sweaty men and a damp cave. You open your eyes again when you feel him tugging gently on your hand, smiling up at him. You do this every time he takes you out and he always teases you later on in the week.

You go to the usual spot, a place that he had found a while ago and brought you to the first time he took you out of the cave. The area is perfect, a good distance from the cave but not that far away still. Its a clearing surrounded by trees and the two of you can lay down and look up at the stars and just listen to the rustling leaves.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Anything. Might not answer but go right ahead." You laugh and roll onto your side, propping your head up on your hand so you are looking down at him.

"Why don't you want me to think about you?"

"Why would you want to think about me?"

"Why do you always seem to answer my question with a question?"

"Why do you always get so angry when I do?"

"You are so annoying sometimes." You sigh. "I think about you because I care about you. You are always protecting me and look out for me." You want to add that you are falling in love with him but don't.

"I don't want you to think about me because I could die and not come back. I could just be dead or what is left of myself will just be gone. The less attached you are the less it will hurt." You reach out and move his face so he is looking at you.

"It's too late for that. I already care about you. I worry about you whenever you leave that stupid cave. There is no changing that, ever." He puts a hand on your waist and quickly rolls the two of you so that he is hovering over you. "What are you doing," you ask, your voice shaky.

"Somethin' that is indecent to do to a woman as beautiful as you." His lips collide with yours so suddenly that it takes your breath away. But you kiss back as soon as you fully realize what is going on. You wrap an arm around his back pulling his body down on top of you. He pulls away from the kiss much too soon for you but doesn't move his face that far away from you.

"I think you should do that more often," you say softly, looking into his eye. Instead of answering he leans down and kisses you again, and you know that you will never get tired of this.