Petyr Baelish - Crazy

Despite it being your families land, you despised the Riverlands.  You can't just go around saying that though, you were a Tully after all, the youngest of all your siblings. The tully blood ran through your veins, many saying stronger than any Tully for centuries. Your bright blue eyes were often compared to the blue of the sea, your shocking red hair to fire. 

Yet despite this, the Riverlands had never felt like home to you. So when your brother and sister sent you to your other sister, Lysa, you could not be happier. Lysa was crazy, there was no doubt about that, and her son was... strange to say the least, but you had finally gotten away from the land you called home. 

So here you were, standing next to your sister as your dear friend Petyr Baelish asked for your sisters hand in marriage. Or officially asked, for he sent a letter weeks earlier but just arrived in the Eyrie not long ago, with your neice in tow. As much as it pained you to admit, you felt your heart break when Lysa told you the news of her new husband to be. Growing up, you had a huge crush on Petyr, while he had a crush on your sister Caitlen, and Lysa wanted him because he wanted their sister. You hadn't seen Petyr in years, writing him occasionally, so you thought you crush had ended, but seeing him again has seemed to bring it all back. 

"Lady Y/n, it has been to long," Petyr says suddenly. Lysa seems to be dangling onto his every word. 

"It has been Petyr," you reply curtly, smiling softly at him. Lysa has always been a jealus women, so you knew that you had to be careful with what you said.  "I was happy to hear that you became the lord of Harrenhall, it is quite a gift."

"It is. The late king knew to reward those close to him." 

"Enough of this talk," Lysa interjects. You walk over to Sansa, giving her a hug as Lysa starts talking to Petyr again. The last time you saw your neice was when she was but small child, so seeing her so grown up is a shock. You can see the sadness in everything about her, the poor girl has been through so much. 

"My sweet girl, I am so sorry. I know you must not be yourself here, but if you need anything, please come to me."

"Thank you," she says softly.  You notice her looking behind you, so you turn and see that Lysa has a septon here already, and a cape for Petyr aleady on hand.

"Sister, you wish to be wed now? What of your advisors?"

"People are dying left and right, dear sister." She turns around and grabs Petyr's arm, who looks almost as shocked as you feel.

-------

You stare the snow that covers the ground like a blanket, feeling the same excitement at it as you did when you were a child. You like to think that snow brings out the inner child in everyone, even with the terrible timing of this winter. The snow means difficult conditions for the men that are fighting, and less food because no one really know when winter will come to an end. 

"I'm surprised to see you here," Petyer's familier voice says from behind you. 

"No your not. Don't try to play games with me Petyr." He comes to stand beside you on the balcony overlooking the small garden. 

"You never were a fan of my games."

"You were manipulative even as a child, although I will say you are much more so now. What are you doing here though?"

"I live here at the moment. What are you doing here?"

"That is not what I meant and you know it." You mock glare at him, causing a slight grin to spread on face. "If you want to know the real reason I am here, I'm afraid it is rather boring and political."

"I dealt with that for years as a member of the small council."

"Well then, unless my brother hasn't been killed by the Fray's, which is very up in the air as it seems, I am the key to the Riverlands. Lysa must decide what side of this war she is on, and I suppose to seal the deal I will be given to some lord."

"Wasn't your father going to give to some lord anyways?"

"Yes and no. He said that if I didn't have someone picked out within the next two years that he would then pick a random lord. So I had a chance of being wed to someone that I could actually end up falling in love with, but now that is not going to happen." He shrugs his shoulders, looking down at Sansa and the young lord building in the snow. 

"I will talk to Lysa. Perhaps she will let that still be the case."

"I very much doubt it. I should go back inside though. I suppose I will see you later." You curtsey before turning around and walking away, your heart feeling like it's about to explode it is beating so quickly. 

------

"My sister is dead?" You step away from the door of your chambers to let Petyr walk in. 

"Yes. The musician pushed her through the moon door. I walked into the room just as he did it, and poor Sansa was in the room as well." You stare at him for a moment. 

"What really happened?" He sighs, sitting on the edge of your bed and waits for you to sit beside him before talking. 

"You know me to well Y/n."

"I do. That's partly why I am one of the few people who actually like you now." He flashes you a small grin. 

"She thought that Sansa and I were in a relationship because she observed a interaction between us. She threatened to throw her out the moon door, so I did it to her."

"You pushed my sister out of the moon door?" He simply nods his head. "I wish I could have seen the shock on her face. Don't get me wrong," you say after seeing a look of confusion on his face, "I loved my sister dearly. But she changed after her husband died, she was not the  person I grew up with."

"True. One good thing that will come of this for you is that now you won't have to get her approval for who you wish to wed."

"No, it means that the lords in charge here will pick someone and have my young nephew sign the papers in hope of getting a backing from the side they choose. It's a different but not completly changed situation." 

"Unless you and I were to wed." You stare at him, trying to find the little tick on his face that you can always see when he is trying to manipulate you. 

"Your not pretending. You actually mean that."

"I do."

"Are you crazy Petyr," you cry, getting off of the bed to stand in front of him. "You just killed my sister, the woman you were married to for hardly a week! You can't marry me right now, that would seem terrible."

"It would be a respectible time after the funeral, perhaps a fortnight. The king and Lannister's would approve, having the Riverlands on their sides, and then possibly having Mycella come here instead of being stuck in Dorne."

"You have thought about this. Were you planning on killing my sister?"

"No." You stare him down. "The thought had occured to me. But it wasn't until I was defending Sansa that I actually decided I had to do it."

"Petyr, I don't kn-" Your cut off by him grabbing your hips and pulling you to him, planting his lips on yours. You try to fight it, feeling that this is still just wrong, but you can't. You have wanted him for so long that you quickly melt into him, wrapping your arms around him and deepening the kiss. 

"I think you do know," he says after pulling away from you, both of you breathing hard. Instead of replying, you connect your lips once more, letting him pull you onto his lap, and you have a night that you will never forget.