Jaime Lannister - Secret Love

*Requested a while ago. I'm so sorry it took so long.*

---------

"We really must stop meeting like this," Jaime says, a big grin on his face. His hands are on your hips to help steady you as you get your feet back onto the ground.

"I feel like you do this on purpose lately. Make me bump into you so that you can be my knight in shining armor." You grin back at him, remembering the last five or six times this has happened to the two of you.

"I don't think you need anyone to save you. Most of the time at least."

"Unless I'm running into you?"

"Well, of course. I assumed that was a given." You start laughing, only to be interrupted by a cough behind you.

"Y/N, are you coming?" You glance behind you to see your father standing at the end of the hall.

"I will be right there. I'll see you later Jaime?"

"Of course." Jaime smiles at you as you walk off to join your father.

——————

"I'm not sure if this is a good idea. My father told me to stay on the castle grounds." You look up at your betrothed nervously. You were still getting to know him, after all, your engagement had just been announced to you two days ago. But in that time, you had learned enough about him to know that you hated him.

"If you are with me, I'm sure it will be fine. Your father did say that I was supposed to watch you and I will. Outside the walls."

"I don't know, I think my father told me not to for a reason." He grabs your wrist roughly and pulls you into a secluded spot.

"You are going to be my wife, you hear me!" Before you have time to process what is happening, part of your face is stinging and you can taste blood in your mouth. "You will listen to me and do what I say."

"Actually, I don't think that will be true." You look over and see Jaime. He had his hand on his sword hilt, ready to pull it out if needed.

"Mind your own business Kingslayer."

"I don't think I will. You see, Y/N is someone I care very much for, and I will not let you lay a hand on her again. And when I tell her father of this, I'm sure the engagement will be off. So please, step away from her before I do something that you won't enjoy very much." Your betrothed turns towards Jaime suddenly, tossing you to the ground in a heap in between them. 

"Once she is my wife, I expect to never see you interfere with my business again." He stalks away, making to sure bump into Jaime on the way. Jaime quickly comes to you and helps you to your feet. 

"Are you all right?" 

"Were you following us?"

"Of course not," he replies, taken aback. "I was on my way to meet my father but I saw him pull you in here. Y/n, are you okay?" You sigh, straightening your dress. 

"I suppose I am for now. Until the wedding at least. We should really get out of here, I don't want people thinking something is happening between us."

"People already suspect. We have been seeing each other for months, rumors were bound to spread somehow."

"Yes, but now I'm betrothed to that vile man-"

"No. I meant what I said. I will tell your father, and mine, about what has happened. I'm sure my father can get you out of it." He gently grabs your hand, entwining your fingers. You sigh, leaning your body into his slowly. 

"We both know the chance of your father helping for no reason is very low. There is nothing in it for him." Jaime is quiet for a minute. 

"I have an idea." He pulls away from you, placing a quick kiss on your lips. "Hopefully you won't need me to save you again for a bit because I may be busy." You scoff as he backs away from you. 

"This time was out of my hands. But thank you for saving me all the same, my knight in shining armor." 

"It was my pleasure," he replies, grinning cheekily at you. 

------------

You push open the door of Jaime's chambers roughly, hearing them bang on the wall behind them. When Jaime sees that it's you, he waves a hand to dismiss the shocked guards. 

"Are you here to congratulate me then?" He grins at you, handing you a full cup of wine. 

"I don't know how did it Jaime Lannister, but I am impressed. What did you promise him?"

"Me."

"What do you mean?"

"You were right, he didn't see what it had to do with him. So, I said that if he helped end your engagement with that vile man and let me wed you, I would become his heir. He's been hoping I would do it for years, he really couldn't say no."

You set the cup down on a table and then wrap your arms around his neck. He wraps his around your waist, hugging you tightly to him. 

"Oh, Jaime, I don't think I will ever be able to thank you enough for this." He pulls away from you slightly, just enough so he can look at your face. 

"I couldn't see you be unhappy with someone else for the rest of your life. Or with someone else really. I love you, Y/n." You smile up at him. 

"And I love you."