Robb Stark - Knight in Shining Armour

Warning! Could be triggering for some!

--------

Your life is what you would call normal. By most people's standards, it was nowhere near normal, but you had become so used to living the way you were that it was your normal. 

Your mother had been a whore at a small brothel and got pregnant completely by accident. She didn't want, that much was clear from even your earliest memories. She had always hoped to one day become wed to a well off man, but having a bastard child had basically ruined that dream. The owner of the brothel had planned to get you trained and ready for use as soon as you were old enough, so you ran away before he could. 

You had been traveling by yourself for years now. Of course, you talked to people all the time on the road, even if just in passing, so you weren't completely alone in that sense. You survived off the land mostly. You would gather and someone reluctantly taught you how to hunt. You would sell what you could to locals or tavern owners sometimes having enough for a night at one. 

The reason you were judges so much was because of the fact that you were a woman. Women weren't supposed to be doing the things that you did. They were supposed to wed to man, have his babies, and raise those babies. Some men respected you for what you were doing, thinking it was brave, but most looked at with disgust. You had grown used to it, but that didn't make it any less hurtful. 

At the moment you were in the woods near Winterfell. The tavern at the town you had passed through not long ago had said it was only two miles up the road. You always liked to take a look at the big castles and keeps before going about your business, thinking about what life could have been like. 

A rustling in the bushes near you surprises you, and you grab your bow and notch an arrow ready to shoot. It's not dark yet but it's late enough that people walking through the woods is a bit odd. A group of men dressed in armor comes out of them, pushing and laughing at each other. They are obviously very drunk.  They stop when they notice you though.

"What's a pretty lass like you doing out here by herself," one asks, you aren't sure who. You slowly lower you bow but keep a tight grip on it. 

"And with a weapon. How 'bout give that to us since you probably don't know how to use it," another one speaks up. You internally sigh. 

"I know perfectly well how to use this and I think I will keep a hold of it," you respond, just wanting them to leave. 

"That ain't no way to talk to us." They all chime in agreement. 

"I think we ought to teach her a lesson about respect." 

They all come forward and before you really have time to react your bow is snatched from your grip. There are hands all over you suddenly, and you can feel the dread and panic begin to course through your body. They start peeling off your clothes as your struggle against them. 

You let out a shout, only to be cut off when a hand covers your mouth. You thrash your arms and legs, trying to get loose, as they make you lay on the ground. Tears are streaming down your face as you use all of your willpower to fight against them in the hope that they will stop. 

A man is lined up at your entrance when he is pulled off of you with a shout. The next thing you see is a sword coming out of the back of his head. You feel blood spray onto you, but ignore it and your nakedness. You use the distraction of one of their friends' death to get loose of their grip, looking around the clearing. As you hear another man scream you spot your bow on the ground and run to it, notching the arrow that was near it and shooting at the man closest to you. It goes straight through his eye and he falls to the ground. 

You aren't sure how long it takes until they are all dead. But as you look around the clearing at all of their bodies laying on the ground, the whole situation hits you. You start breathing faster backing away from the scene in front of you. 

"My lady," a voice says softly from the side of you. It's only then that you realize that you aren't alone. You turn towards the voice and see a man holding out a cloak for you, looking above your head. 

"Thank you," you say, your voice shakier than you thought it would be. You take the cloak and wrap it around your shoulders, holding it closed in front of yourself. 

"Are you hurt at all?" 

"No, I don't think so." 

"Come with me. I'm sure my mother or sister have something that you can wear." 

"That's very kind of you but I don't even know who you are."

"You don't?" You shake your show that you really don't know who he is. "I'm Robb Stark, Son of Eddard Stark, Lord of Winterfell." 

"Oh, my Lord, I'm so sorry. I had no idea," you exclaim, feeling shocked and even more embarrassed that you were naked in front of him. 

"It's fine. Somewhat refreshing actually." He flashes you a small smile. You can't help the small grin that appears on your face. "But we should get to Winterfell, it will be night soon and it gets very cold here at night."

"Of course. And thank you for saving me."

"I couldn't leave someone to suffer out here. I'll carry the bow for you if you would like," he offers.

"That would be wonderful, thank you. I don't think I can carry it and keep myself covered at the same time." He picks it up from where I dropped it and leads me to Winterfell. Neither of us looks back at the bodies we left behind.