Tyrion Lannister - Home

The wind blows your long, white hair behind you, as you stand on the sandy beach, bare feet in the waves. The water laps at your ankles, almost in a calming way. It seems to pull you in, hypnotize you in its rhythm. 

A throat clears behind you, startling you out of your trance. You turn your head to see Tyrion. He stands with his arms behind his back, almost looking sad to be bothering you. 

"Lord Tyrion, come join me. I don't wish to be brought back to reality yet." You turn back to look out at the ocean. Clothes rustle behind you as Tyrion takes off his shoes. He soon stands next to you, feet in the water next to yours. 

"Your sister wishes to see you. She said it was urgent." You sigh, wrapping your arms around yourself. 

"I assumed. You wouldn't come looking for me with the sun up unless she summoned me for something or other."

"You know I wish we could be together more during the day. There is just so-"

"Much going on at the moment," you interrupt him. "There always is. My sister is missing, we could all die, we are about to be in Westeros, a battle, Jon Snow, a big war to come. We just never seem to be able to tell anyone." You sigh, not looking at him. "I just wish things were different." 

"I do too." The two of you stand in silence for a time, both lost in thought. "Why are you down here so much?" You smile, finally looking at him.

"It feels different. I did this before we left, put my feet in the water. But it feels so different here. I think it's because this is home." You pause, looking down at him. "I'm sorry, this probably makes no sense at all."

"Y/n, it's fine. You are home. Dragonstone is where generations of your family have lived." You can see the love and adoration in his eyes as he looks at you and it makes you smile even more. 

"I suppose I can't leave my sister waiting forever." You slowly turn your back to the ocean, looking up at the foreboding castle in front of you, knowing that you never want to leave it. 

----------

"Sister, I thought you would be here some time ago," Daenerys says when she sees you walking into the throne room. 

"Yes, well, it took Tyrion some time to find me. And then it was quite a long walk back." 

"Of course." She gestures for you to come closer. "Y/n, after what I saw out there, I have decided that we are going to do everything we can to help the North." You nod your head politely, confused about why she is telling you this.

"I thought as much, especially since I have seen the proof you are bringing to this gathering." She smiles at you. 

"I hoped you would understand. But that is not the only reason I wished to speak with you." She hesitates before continuing. "I think you should stay here." 

"Stay here? But won't you need my help?"

"I think you will be a better help you. If anything were to happen to me fighting this war with the dead, or at the gathering, you will have to continue our fight. I would feel much better if you stayed here where you can be well protected."

"If you wanted to keep me protected, you should not have brought me to this land at all." You look away from her, trying to calm yourself. "If I stay here like you wish, I insist that this my home."

"What do you mean?"

"This place, Dragonstone. It is mine. Eventually, you will be off living in the capital, so I will be the Lady of Dragonstone. Whoever I wed will not become his, it will be mine."

"Alright," Daenerys says reluctantly. 

"And I will pick my husband."

"You know I can't promise you that right now."

"You will. Or I am not going to sit idly by as everyone else I know risks their lives. I get to pick my husband, no questions asked, whenever I want, without your permission beforehand."  She looks at you, not sure what to make of this. 

"Okay. I agree."

-----------

You lay in bed with your head on your husband's chest. He runs his fingers through your hair, something he knows that helps you relax. You pull the furs up higher, the chill air making you cold. 

"I still can't believe they let you keep this place," Tyrion says absentmindedly. You smile up at him, snuggling closer. 

"I know. It's a good thing the Stark family is very honorable. And I didn't do what she did. All those people that she hurt..."

"I'm glad you didn't have to see her like that. She wasn't someone you would recognize." 

"It's sad to even think about. I still wonder where Drogon took her." Tyrion starts running his hand through your hair again. 

"I know. I wonder that too." 

"You know, in a way, you were my last gift from her." He looks confusedly at you. "We made a deal. If I stayed here and didn't help her fight, I would get Dragonstone, and I would be able to marry whoever I wanted."

"I'm not sure she would have approved of me," he says grinning at you. 

"Doesn't matter. I have a home that I love and a man that I love. And, for the moment at least, I am happy with the way things are."