Chapter 22

As he lean his back, he closed his eyes and then he felt something on his cheek.

It's like, someone was wiping his cheeks.

He slowly open his eyes and found Mina wiping his cheeks using the white handkerchief.

"Mina?" He mumbled and then he removed his headphone.

"Why are you crying?" Mina asked while still wiping his cheeks.

He look away and raised his palm, indicating her to stop wiping his cheeks.

"I'm not crying.." He lied.

"Don't lie. I saw your tears slowly drifting on your face. What's your problem?" Mina asked worriedly. As days passed by, Mina and Chaeyoung became closed to each other that's why she's concerned and worried about him right now.

"Nothing.." He shook his head.

Mina cupped his face making him faced her.

"Tell me.. What's wrong? What's bugging you?" Mina asked while holding his face.

Should I lie?

I should've covered my real problem.

My problem is about you and Mingyu, and you're bugging me.

"I... I just... I just missed my mom.." Then he held her hand that was on his face earlier then he put them on her lap and he stood up.

"Oh? You missed your mom?" Mina got up too as his back was facing her.

"Yes Mina.. My mom.. She's always bugging me.." Chaeyoung replied still his back was facing her.

That's true.

I missed my mom so much.

I wished that someday we could be together, even just in my dreams.

I wanted to see her.

I wanted to talk to her.

I want to hug her so bad.

When Mina heard a soft sob coming from the cub, she didn't hesitate to hug him from behind. Back hugging him is the only thing she could only do.

Then Chaeyoung hugged her, this time he turn around and hugged her as tight as he can, while Mina was caressing his back making him calm.

A minutes later, Chaeyoung stopped from crying, Mina was wiping his tears.

I finally let my tears out.

Even though she didn't know the main reason why I cried right now.

My feelings were mixed with sadness and defeat.

Sadness, cause I missed my mom.

Defeat, cause I know I can't win her heart.

"Are you fine now?" Mina asked and Chaeyoung nodded while sniffing.

"Thank you.." He mumbled.

Mina smiled at him showing her gummy smile which he found it cute and adorable.

I wished, I could be the reasons of your smile.

To be continued...