Chapter 2

Sabrina's POV

Next day when I went downstairs, Dad told me

"We are going to a party today."

"Do I have to go as well?" whined Zarif. Dad glared at him and I stayed silent.

That evening, I dressed up in a navy blue gown, which has a boat neck. Then I wore a flat shoe because I am not a heel person. Though I am short. I mean very very short. I did a light make up and went to downstairs. I found Mom in a traditional dress. Dad and Zarif were wearing dress shirts and suits. Zarif's long hair was back brushed and tied in a man pony tail and he was looking......clean!

Dad started the car. Mom sat beside him in the passenger's seat. Zarif and I took the back seat. Unlike every sibling relationship, Zarif and I are not even close to friends. We don't talk to each other much. Well..Zarif ignores me all the time, so I stopped making small conversations with him.

When we reached the venue, Dad and Mom went to a separate direction. Zarif found himself a table and sat there with his phone and sketch book.

I, on the other hand, was left alone. I was looking here and there, when suddenly someone yelled on my ear. I looked behind and found Josh, one of my friends.

"Oh! Thanks god, you are here!" I said.

"I was thinking you went back to Harvard." said Josh sarcastically. I playfully hit his arm.

"Not Harvard! It's UCLA!" I said.

"Same for me." Josh shrugged.

Let me tell you, Josh is one of Dad's business partner's son. We used to find each other in these boring arties and then became friends.

"Long time no see." said Josh.

"Yeah, got busy with studies." I chuckled.

"You made me all alone in these parties. And your good for nothing brother is not friendly at all!" said Josh in a hurt voice. He even made it more dramatic when he placed both of his hands on his heart. i chuckled.

"So? You were all alone then?" I said.

"Nah! You wish! I found myself a new best friend." smirked Josh.

"Really? Now I am hurt!" I said sarcastically.

"Come, meet my new bestie." said Josh. He led me to another corner of the hall. A man was back facing us. He has broad shoulders and he was at least 6ft tall.

"Hey, Hamza!" Josh slapped his shoulder. The man turned around.

He has pale skin with bright ocean blue eye. His brownish black hair was styled nicely. He has a little bit of beard on his face. He was wearing a dark blue tux with a black bow tie.

"You man, Josh! Where did you vanished?" said the Hamza guy.

"This is Sabrina. My oldy goldy best friend. She is the one I used to talk about." said Josh warping an arm around my shoulder.

"Hello, I'm Hamza Khan." smiled Hamza.

"Hi, I'm Sabrina Hossain. Nice to meet you, Hamza." I said.

"Pleasure is all mine." said Hamza. Well the man is.....hot!

"Sab, Hamza is the son of Kabeer Khan of Khan industry." said Josh.

"Oh!" That's only what I said. I do not know any business tycoon  apart from Josh's father Mr. Anderson.

"Seems like you don't know" chuckled Hamza.

"And she goes to Harvard University!" said Josh proudly. I elbowed him.

"It's UCLA! Not Harvard!" I snapped and Hamza chuckled again.

"So you live in LA! I live there too!" said Hamza.

"Ain't your company office in Boston?" I said as I have never heard any Khan's in LA.

"Oh! No, no, no. I am not in my Dad's company. I have my own. It's Phoenix." said Hamza.

"Oh! Wow! I worked for your company multiple times! I mean freelancing." I said.

"So you also do freelancing ve!' said Hamza.

"This piece of shit is upto 75% scholarship and she never asks Uncle Hossain for money!" said Josh.

"Really? Why?" said Hamza.

"It's just, now my tution fee is barebale by me so I stopped asking Dad for money." I said.

"Impressive" murmured Hamza.

"Hey, guys, want some drink?" said Josh.

"Just coke." I said. Josh wrinkled his nose.

"Yeah, I know. Even Hamza doesn't drink alcohol. Such lifeless jerk you guys are!" Josh laughed.

"I'll be back with coke." said Josh and he left.

"So? What subject are you studying on?" said Hamza.

"Business management." I said.

"Wow, my major was also management. You wanna join Mr. Hossain's company?" said Hamza.

"Nah! I'll work on some other company." I waved off the words

"Hmm..." said Hamza. I looked behind him and saw Dad smiling at us. Really? he smiled?

"Calling from earth!" Hamza waved his hand in front of me.

"Are you okay?" said Hamza concern in his voice.

"Uh...yeah...yeah." I said.

Josh came back with with drinks and handed us. I had a great time with Hamza and Josh.

When I ot home, Dad called me,

" I saw you talking to Mr. Khan's son." said Dad with a smile

"Yeah?" I said in a confused tone.

"Hamza is a great guy. So successful in a young age." said Dad

"Is there anything that has to do with me?" I said still in confusion.

"Do you like him?" said Dad.

"Dad! I just met him some hours ago! How can I 'like him'?" I said and Dad shook his head.

"Good night Sabrina." said Dad and he left the room.