Chapter 5

Sabrina's POV

Next day, I woke up with heavy heart, I freshen up and then for some time, I just sat on the bed. I felt like the worst person in the world. I will be ruining not only my life but also Hamza's life. I slowly reached downstairs, finding my family eating breakfast.

We ate silently for a while. After eating breakfast, my heartbeat got faster, then I cleared my throat. Everone looked at me.

"Um....I have made my desicion." I said.

"And your answer is?" Dad looked at me hopefully. Mom gave me an assuring look.

"My answer is yes. I will marry Hamza." I gave him a fake smile.

Dad got up and hugged me tightly.

"I knew you would say that! I am so happy today! Hamza is a great guy! He will make you happy." said Dad happily.

Who is Hamza to make me happy? Pufffff! Dad! You are so backdated!

When I looked at Mom, I saw she was shocked. I smiled at her but she didn't buy it. I nodded in assurance.

"We should inform the Khans." said Dad happily and went to his room to call Mr. Khan.

Mom still gave me a disbelieving look. I looked at Zarif. He just shrugged and continued to eat.

"Um....I have to meet Alice. I should be getting ready. Excuse me." I said hurriedly. Because the way Mom was looking at me,  I think if I stayed any longer she would have found out the truth.

I got ready and came out of my bathroom. I found Mom was sitting on my bed.

"Hey Ma!" I said in a fake cheerful voice. I tried hard to cover up my red puffed eyes.

"Why are you doing this to yourself?" said Mom looking direct into my eyes. I looked away. I can't face her.

"It's not what you think, MOm. I have think about it." Isaid still avoiding eye contact.

"Said that while looking direct into my eyes." said Mom.

"Why are you acting so childing, Ma? I said na. I have thought about it, before making any decision!" I said a bit louder trying to convince her.

"Raising your voice won't change the truth." said Mom in a stern voice.

"I am not trying to change the truth. Mom, you are making things complicated necessarily. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to meet Alice." I said reaching my door.

"How long will you run away Sabrina? You are not just ruining you life, you are also ruining Hamza's life. He has nothing to do with it." said Mom with pain on her eyes.

And now I did something, which I have never done before in my life. I rolled my eyes in front of Mom and left the room.

I'm sorry Mom. Please forgive me for being rude to you. I am doing this for you guys. I will bring peace in our lives.

I got into my car and calmed myself down. I've never cried in front of people. Never will.

I was driving when my phone buzzed. I looked at it and saw Hamza's text. I stopped my car and opened the text.

"Hey! You said yes! Yaaay! I am soo happy! :D Are you busy today? If not, then let's meet!" ~H

"Um...actually I am meeting my friend today"~S

"Oh, okay then, Have fun!"~H

I again started to drive. When I reached there, I saw Alice hasn't come.So I sat on a table and scrolled down on my Instagram. After like half an hour Alice came and I frowned. 

"This is your 11? It's almost 12 now!" I hissed.

"Sorry, I got in traffic." said Alice.

"As if I'm gonna believe you." I rolled my eyes.

"Would you believe if I tell you that I bumped into Chris Evans in Boston street and had a make out session?" said Alice sarcastically as she took seat and crossed her arms.

"Believable. Cause Zarif told me Chris Evans is actually back home." winked and we burst out laughter.

"So? What makes you call me all of a sudden?" said Alice.

"I......" then I started to tell her everything.  When I was finished, Alice was shaking with....anger?

"You fucking bitch! What do you think of yourself? How can you be so selfish? I can't believe you are still the Sabrina I knew! How could you involve such an innocent guy in your nasty games, Sabrina? Are you out of your mind? Why are you playing with him? What has he done to you? And you think I am gonna support your idiotic idea? What do I look like to you?" shouted Alice. Everyone in the cafe was staring at us.

And her words. Ouch! That did hurt.

"You are the most selfish person in the world, Sabrina! I am ashamed  to call  you my bestfriend! You are no longer the Sabrina I knew!" said Alice in a deep hurting voice.

My whole world collapsed in front of me. Am I that bad? Even this time Alice is not supporting me.

"Everything is not a business deal Sabrina. Everything is not about give and take.It's not like your parents have done so much for you that you have to pay it back. Their love is always selfless. Why are you making Hamza your dice to play the game?
 said Alice. Her every word pinned me like daggers.

I couldn't say anything. I am a very selfish person. I really am. I looked at the ground, completely loss of words. And then I heard someone clearing throat.

"Sabrina?" I looked behind and found Josh Hamza and another guy standing. Hamza was looking at me. WIth expression of....disappointment.

I couldn't say anything. I looked down.

"Can I talk to Sabrina alone?" Hamza asked Alice.

"Sure. You must be Hamza." said Alice and she, Josh and the guy left us alone.

I looked at Hamza. But I immediately looked down. I couldn't face him.

"I heard everything." said Hamza in a deep hurt voice.

"I am selfish Hamza. I am really selfish like Alice has said. I was trying to use you. I was trying to ruin your life. I know I am more than worst. You have every reason to hate me. I deserve that. I didn't have the guts to say no. I am just a coward person. I really am. You can call off the marriage now." I said still looking at the ground.

And then when I looked up, I saw Hamza was not there. He left. He must be hating me.

Then Alice came. I looked at her guiltily.

"I don't know what to say,Sab. You just ruined your own life with your hands." said Alice in a disappointment tone.

"Look at me." said Alice and  looked at her.

"If he says no, then it will be best for both of you and that guy need your apology." said Alice.

One thing in my life, I never do is apologize.

"Go home, Sab. You need to think." said Alice as she got up.

When I came home, I was ashamed of myself. Mom and Dad looked at me with great concern. I just weakly smiled at them and said "I'm just tired.". Then I headed back to my room.

And then I broke down. I am such a shame to my family. I am such a selfish and coward person. I am a disgrace. I am nothing but a shame. I don't know how Mom and Dad will react now. Tomorrow was supposed to be the last day at home. I have to go back to college. I did hurt that guy. But I have a giant ego. I can't say sorry easily. But this time it was my mistake. I will apologize to him... some day. With a heavy heart, I fell asleep.