Chapter 32

I looked before me, finding the cutest guy in the world smiling back at me. My heart warmed seeing him smiling like this. I missed it soo much!  He opened his arms towards me. I couldn't help but ran to him and started to shower him with my kisses.

"My baby Ali!" I cooed as I took him in my arms and nuzzled my nose on his cheek.

"You've grown so much!" I said in baby voice and he started to giggle.

"Didn't you became a handsome boy? Huh?" I cooed and he giggled more.

"Ati!" He pointed at himself.

"Yeah, you are Ali!" I beamed

"Bi Bi!" He pointed me and started to giggle.  I hugged him close to me.

"Awh baby! I missed you!" I cooed

"Assalamualikum, Sister-in-law, hope you didn't forget me." I heard Nusrat saying. I smiled at her feeling embarrassed.

"Walaikum Assalam." I smiled and side hugged her.

"I didn't know you guys are Coming." I said as I sat down on the couch and Ali got out of my arms and stood up. I widen my eyes.

"He can walk!" I exclaimed. Everyone started to laugh.

"Don't grow up, cute boy!" I whined. With shaky legs Ali started to walk towards my Father in law.

"Sabrina, are you alright? You look pale." said Nusrat sounding concerned.  I smiled and shook my head.

"Had a stay over with Alice last night." I chuckled. Yet I lied.

"I was visiting my in laws then Mom called me saying you are gonna stay. Boy! I couldn't help myself from coming! I really wanna spend time with you!"  Nusrat squealed. I chuckled.

"Assalamualikum!"  I heard Eman. He came and sat beside Nusrat. 

"Walaikum Assalam, Eman." I smiled.

"Where did your romeo go?......... Here you are!" Eman pointed behind me. My heart skipped a beat.

"Assalamualaikum." I heard him. After a freaking week I heard him!  I slowly turned my head towards him.

He looked sick. As if he had been ill for ages. His stub has long forgotten to trim. His eyes weren't twinkling. My all time fit husband was looking rather weak. I gulped. It's all my fault!

I watched him as he greeted Dad. I didn't care I had my whole family around me. My eyes teared up seeing him so helpless. I wanted to hug the life out of him. I wanted to hold him so bad. I wish I would have been more thoughtful.

"Ahem, Sabrina. I think you gawked at me brother for a while now. I thought you got used to of his ugliness." Nusrat scrunched her nose and immediately a pillow flew to her face.

"HAMBURGER!" Nusrat snapped and got up

"Oh that doesn't look good!" Hamza said as he good up. He was smiling but that was all fake. Something was missing on his playful behaviour.

"I'm gonna kill you!" Nusrat yelled as she ran after him and he ran for his life.

"Mamamama!!!!" Ali cheered from his grandfather's lap.

"I think I should leave now." Dad said as he got up.

"No please. Have dinner with us." Mr Khan said.

"Next time. Samina is alone at home." Dad said as he bid goodbye.

"Hamza!!!!! Mr Hossain is leaving!" Mrs Khan called back. Hamza jogged towards Dad and hugged him. Dad took his leave.