Chapter 27

I heard loud voice from distance. I got up and found the bed empty. The bathroom door was open. I  ran towards bathroom, finding Hamza hovering over the toilet seat, throwing up. I started to rub his back. He threw up a bit more, then his body gave in. He rested his hands either side of the seat and started to breath loudly.

When his breathing calmed, I stopped rubbing his back and helped him to get up. He washed his face and brushed his teeth. All the time I was standing behind him. 

"I'm sorry, I woke you up." Hamza said as he wiped water from his face.

"It's okay. Come." I said as I offered my hand, he took it and got out of the bathroom. Hamza weakly sat on the bed.

"What did you eat last night?" I said AS I brushed the wet strand of hair from his forehead.

"Lots and lots of junk food." Hamza chuckled weakly. I sighed

"Do you want to go back to sleep, or wait for fajr?" I said as I give him a glass of water.

"I'll wait" said Hamza as he took a sip. He leaned on the head board letting out a sigh. I scooted closer to him and ran my hands through his hair. We just stayed there is silence. Hamza is not a very expressive guy. He was just sighing. After a moment, we heard the Azaan. Hamza opened his eyes.

"Lets pray." I smiled at him. He got up. With weak steps he went to washroom and made his wudu. Then I did mine. We prayed side by side. As soon as we did our Salam, Hamza got up and ran towards bathroom. I also went behind him and rubbed his back.

"God!" Hamza scoffed as he wiped his mouth.  And lied down on the bed.

"Are you sure you are not pregnant?" I said seriously.  Hamza raised his eyebrows then started to laugh.

"You really had to crack the joke in this time" Hamza laughed.

"I was just confirming. After all we have done the deed and you could be pregnant." I said seriously trying to control my laughter.

"Shut Up" Hamza laughed and threw a pillow at me. I covered my face.

"Take some rest." I smiled and kissed his forehead.

 "Where you going?" Hamza said.

 "Um...let me think what a wife should do when husband is ill?......oh yeah! Shhe should cook something nice!" I said dramatically . Hamza chuckled.

"You know, you don't have to do this." Hamza. smiled. 

"But i want to. Cause i love you." I smiled .

"I love you more." Hamza smiled. I walked out of our bedroom and went to kitchen.

"What should i make?" I asked myself.  For a long time. nothing came in my mind, so i Google it.

"Hm....soup will be perfect." I said as I scrolled down. I took the ingredients and started to make it. I let it cook and peeked through the bedroom finding Hamza. sleeping. He looks so cute when he sleeps. Not the handsome man who is always so sarcastic and confident. Rather a cute baby. I smiled looking at him. That's when i remembered i let the soup cooking for a long time. I ran towards the kitchen, finding the soup not burning yet! 

Okay soup doesn't burn! I was being dramatic.

I poured it into a bowl and took it to Hamza. I closely inspected his breathing. It was not even, so he was not asleep. I put the bowl on the side table and ran my hand through his soft hair. Hamza's half face was buried in pillow. The half i could see had a small smile on his face.

 "I love whn you touch my hair." Hamza said in a low tone.

 " i love touching them. " i smiled. "Now get up, Husband. Finish the soup." I said as I patt his bare shoulder. Hamza sighed and got up. He leaned on the headboard.