Chapter 39

"Can I join?" I peeked through the door of our apartment's roof, holding 2 cups of coffees. Hamza looked over his shoulder, seeing me he smiled. I took it as a cue, and walked to him.

Handing him his cup, I sat beside him on the edge of the roof.

"Careful, wifey. I don't wanna lose my only wife." Hamza said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and took the hand he offered me.

"Very funny, ha ha." I snapped and carefully sat beside him.

It's been over a month now. After that fateful day, we didn't talk about it. We went back to our normal life. Just as we had. But we became more careful and vulnerable. I don't know how many nights I cried onto my sleep. How many nights I had to hold Hamza tightly fearing, he's gonna leave me anytime. But that didn't happen. We chose to not talk about that topic. But I know one day we have to.

"The city looks so beautiful from here." I smiled looking at the empty streets of LA. Hamza warped his free arm around me and I leaned. He placed a kiss on my forehead and I sighed.

"I love you." Hamza mumbled on my head.

"I love you too." I snuggled closer.

"Marrying you was the best decision I have ever taken in my life." Hamza said softly. I chuckled softly.

"What got you all cheesy Mister?" I said playfully. Hamza let out a throaty chuckle.

"Come on! You are such a spoiler." Hamza huffed like a baby. I started to laugh.

"Awh, baby became sad." I cooed, reached out his cheek and pinched it.

"Ouch! I'm not a baby!" Hamza winced.

"You are." I laughed and took a sip from my cup.

"Let me taste your coffee I always like your one better." Hamza said as he leaned on to me. I held up my cup to his lips but he shook his head.

"Uh huh." Hamza said very huskily with a smirk.  He leaned and captured my lips and softly kissed me.

"That's what I was talking about" Hamza smiled satisfied with himself. I flushed

"You are impossible, Hamza!" I hid on his chest just to hear it vibrating for his laugh.

"Just for you." Hamza smiled. This man I'm telling you, he's just too romantic to be true.

"Hamza, I think we need to talk." I said after a long time. I felt him stiffen.

"About the baby...." my words got stuck on my throat. It feels like a stab.  Hamza put his mug on his side then fully turn to me.

"I don't need a baby to name our love. I don't want you to think that you are failing someway. Which you aren't. It's not about the baby, Sabrina. It's about us. We need to stop the baby obsession. It is affecting us. I don't wanna lose you. I don't. You are the best thing ever happen to me and there is no way I'm losing you, not without a fight. It hurts to see you suffering like this. I love you and I don't want you to stress over it."Hamza said looking at me intensely. He cupped my cheeks.

" Say it out loud what is going on your beautiful little head. "Hamza said sternly.

"I thought you'd suggest 2nd marriage." as soon as those words slipped out of my tounge I winced. I would never imagine to share Hamza. Calk it jealousy or what. I'm never sharing my man.

"What did I tell you the first time we met. My Grandfather was happy with one wife, my father is more than happy with my mother. And me? I'm blessed to have my wife in my life. You are my everything. You serve every need of mine. You are the only one I'm spending my life with In Sha Allah. " Hamza said with straight face then all of a sudden burst out of laughter.