Chapter 31

I set my foot on my land. Even the wind was smelling like home. I felt like every breath i took in, it cleansed my pain. The side of my lips curled into a small smile. Home, that's where we always belong.

If you are wondering where I am, I'm in Boston. I inwardly laughed as I remember how i used to run away from this place. LA was my escape and now I am back to square one. I know I was acting like a coward. But I couldn't take what happen back home. My heart was bleeding when I left LA.

Before leaving I just left a message to Hamza saying I'll be in Boston and  I'll tell our parents that he is gonna take me back home, when he'll be free. I didn't apologise. I had my fair share of anger.

Yes, I know I said some inappropriate stuff, but I couldn't help. I am guilty. So was he.

I hopped on a taxi and reached my home. Home,  which I have always ran from, I still am. I took a deep breath and  rang the bell. After a while my mom opened the door, her eyes were widen in shock.

"What are you doing here?" was the first thing Mom said. I hugged her. I hugged her tight. Just to inhale her smell. God! I missed this soo much! Tears were threatening to escape but I didn't let. 

"Walaikum Assalaam, Ma. I'm good. Thanks for asking." I said sarcastically and pulled back.

"A-assalamualikum. I mean, why are you here in this early hour? Where is Hamza?" Mom said looking worried. I sighed.

"Nothing happened, Ma. I was just missing Boston and was sooo bored at home. So I decided to visit you guys. Aren't you happy to see me?" I said pretending to be hurt.

"Oh, no no. It's just. I am just surprised." Mom weakly smiled. 

"Can I enter the house? Or you are planning to send me back?" I said mischievously. Mom chuckled.

"No, come." Mom smiled and entered.

"I missed you, Ma" I smiled at her.

"Me too." Mom smiled back. That smile. That smile never fails to warm my heart. For a moment I forget every pain of mine.

I found Dad sitting on the living room, busy on his phone. Well, Hamza got his heaven matched Father-in-law.

"Assalamualikum." I smiled as I entered the living room. Dad looked up and looked like he has seen a ghost.

"Walaikum Assalam." Dad said still in shock and I hugged him. He took sometime to hug me bag. By the time I pulled out I saw tears in his eyes. Oh my emotional Dad!

"Hey! Dad? Aren't you happy to see me?" I crouched down on the floor.

"Very happy." Dad smiled and nodded.

"But where is Hamza?" Dad said looking behind me. I frowned.

"He is in LA. I came to meet you guys." I smiled brightly.

"Why didn't he come?" Dad said seriously. I gulped.

"He is a busy man, Dad! He will come to take me back." I said a bit loudly. Dad nodded. He was about to say something when I heard.

"What are you doing here?" My famous brother came into the view.

"Is that how you greet your sister?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I knew you were always the most dramatic one." Zarif rolled his eyes. I got up and hugged him.

"Say welcome home?" I demanded. He scoffed.

"Get off!" He lightly hit my back and I pulled back.

"It's glad to see you out of your room." I joked and Mom-Dad started to laugh.