Meeting the masked ninja again!

Kumi's pov:

A few days after that Cherry had to go shopping with stinker, and niichan told me to go with her. He said, that i should be a nice girl and do exactly as she said. Of cause i promised to do so and then i went along with her, my niichan's teddybear in my arms and a soft smile on my face. The village was small and poor, all the humans in the street were hungry and helpless. I laughed at cherry, when some guy touched her and she got really angry. Then she got angry at me and pointed at the wooden pier near the water.

"Go there, sit down and dont leave that spot, until i come to get you. I have to be able to see you from the first step out on the wooden pier! I will pick you up, so dont come looking for us! I dont care if you think you see us leave or not, you stay put!" She yelled at me and i looked at the ground hurt, i only laughed a little...

She glared at me and i turned slowly and held my head proud, while i walked to the wooden pier. Then i sat down on the end of the edge fartherst away from her with my back demonstratively turned against her, i heard her sigh before leaving. Later i heard cherry leave the store with Tazuna, but they didn't come for me, so i stayed. I sat still there for a long time, just humming to myself. The light got darker and the stars started to show, but i were still waiting. I sighed and took of my shoes and let my toes touch the water, i could feel the shadow of someone walking towards me.

"You have been here for a long time now. 12 hours to be exact." A calm voice said from behind, i looked behind me without turning my head or body to the sides, instead i turned my head backwards, even though i already knew, who it was.

"Chotto." I smiled at him. "Hai, i have been here for a loooooooong time."

He sat down beside me and looked at me. "Why? Why would you wait here for so long?"

"Niichan said to do exactly as cherry said and cherry said to stay here, until she would come and get me. She said to stay here even if i saw her leave. Im just doing as niichan said, he probably didn't think, that cherry would forget me." I told the now unmasked masked ninja truthfully.

"Do you always do as your niichan says?" He asked softly and i shook my head.

"What would the fun be in that? But if its important, then i will do as he says, right now though im just teaching him not to tell me to do as others say. After all it could go wrong." I said with a smile and splashed in the water with my feet, while laughing a little and holding my niichan's teddybear close.

"You're really a child, aren't you?" He asked, eyeing the teddybear in my arms.

"Of cause i am!" I smiled at him with my head tilted to the side. "Im 11 after all."

"11? That's quite a young age. I guess, you're younger, then i thought you would be." The last was a mumble and clearly not meant for my ears.

"I know. But hey you're a guy, who is prettier, then i though you would be." I said and looked at the sky.

"You know, who i am?" The unmasked masked ninja asked.

"Half and half. I know, that you are the masked ninja, the hunter nin. But i have no idea of your name." I said smiling and he smiled back.

"But i know yours, its Kumi, is it not? Im Haku." He said and i giggled.

"Well, my name is Kumikiyoko, but Kumi is just easier." I told him and played with my feet in the water again.

"I saw, what you did a few days ago, both with your team and with your niichan. The tree climbing was amazingly handled considering your age, but the thing you did with your niichan had me enchanted. I told Zabuza-sensei about it and he seems to already have fallen under your spell after your first meeting." He said with his calm and soft voice.