Chapter Eight: Dark

~Anti's POV~

I opened the door to the room next to (Y/N)'s and slammed it shut behind me. "You just had to wake up at that exact moment didn't you?!" I screeched. He just rolled his head up so he could see me. His face was bruised and cut and his hair was frizzy.

"I-I couldn't let you do that to her.." He mumbled quietly and I started walking toward him. "You're becoming quite the inconvenience, aren't you?" I suddenly scowled, taking my knife from my pocket and bringing it up to his face as he smiled weakly, knowing what I'd do.

I was about to cut into his cheek when he screamed out in pain. I drew back in shock, but then I realized why he had and I slowly relaxed myself. "Dark." I stated. His frown quickly turned into a neutral expression and he seemed to be composing himself quite well. "Anti." He greeted me.

"What the fuck do you want now?" I asked, slightly annoyed at his sudden appearance. "You know it's almost time." He replied, smiling.

I chuckled. "You won't get that far with me still alive. You failed once and you'll fail again."

"I will not fail, Anti. You of all people should know that I've never failed more than once. Your chances of stopping me are slim."

I growled at his show of confidence. I was angry. VERY angry to the point where green mist started to seep from my skin. My eyes burning a neon green and I snarled at him. "I promise you, Dark. I will stop you. You'll never be free."

"I hope you can still be optimistic when I've ripped your heart out and placed it on display above my fireplace." He grinned at me.

I clenched my fist around my knife and reared back to stab him with it, plunging the blade into the side of his neck just in time for him to remove himself from Mark's body.

Mark panicked, weakly trying to lift his hand up to his neck as he gurgled on blood.

His face shone a mix of confusion and fear. I rolled my eyes. "What the hell is your problem? It's not like you're going to die." I smiled. "After all, I promised you a lifetime of misery."

His eyes slowly drooped lifelessly. I sighed and took out my knife. "Just be glad I'm even keeping you alive." With that, I returned to (Y/N)'s room. As soon as I shut the door to her room I saw her curled up into a tiny ball, dried tears streaking her face.

I decided not to wake her up and let her sleep, sitting on the chair in the farthest corner as I watched her. "It's not like she'll be getting any sleep later on." I giggled.

-

I woke up right before (Y/N) did and grabbed some cereal from the cabinet. It's supposedly her favorite.

I walked back to her room and saw her shift a bit. She's waking up. I sat the tray of cereal by her and she woke up with a start. I could tell her heart was racing. She had a nightmare.. but she looked so peaceful..

She stared at me in disbelief.

"Don't look at me that way." I snapped.

She immediately averted her gaze. "I would let you starve to death, but I don't feel like wasting energy to bring you back."

As if on cue, her stomach rumbled at the sight of food. I had also given her some water. She looked skeptically at the tray. "Fine, don't eat. I'll just leave you to starve." I was reaching for her tray when she hissed and growled at me. I jerked my hand back with a scowl.

"Jesus!"

"Have you ever heard the term, 'Don't bite the hand that feeds you?'" I sarcastically replied to her outburst. "Jeez, humans are so.." I thought for a moment.

"Benighted?" She finished. I rolled my eyes but nodded. I protruded into (Y/N)'s mind for a moment to see what she might be thinking about.

No ones a virgin.. Life screws us all.

I guess she really doesn't like being a virgin at twenty-two years old. "You know (Y/N).. I could fix that for you." She scowled at my offer once again. "I would tell you to go fuck yourself, but I'm pretty sure you'd be disappointed."

"I offended you with my offer? You should hear the ones I keep to myself." I snickered. She frowned in disgust and continued eating her cereal. She finished moments later and left the bowl on the tray.

I snapped my fingers and the tray, along with the bowl and water disappeared back into the kitchen. She blinked a few times in bewilderment as I rolled my eyes.

"I forgot how humans can be fascinated by the simplest of things."

"H-Hey! I've never seen magic before.. it's not my fault!" She hissed. I still don't see how she can be so fearless around me when I've tortured her countless times.

Shouldn't she be trembling in fear? I brought out my knife and I could feel her mixed emotions as I twirled it around in my hands. Fear, terror and disgust.

I giggled.

"S-So.." She stammered, obviously trying to turn my attention away from the knife. "Who is the guy next to me?" I hadn't expected this question. She'd never bothered to ask before. "I never told you?" I giggled again, knowing full well that I hadn't.

She shook her head. "I guess it'll stay a mystery for now." I replied. She scowled, but didn't say anything. I could practically hear the cogs turning in her head.

"Is it anyone I know?" She asked.

"Ha. I'm not giving anything away. You'll have to give me a certain answer. No hints, no games. Although.. we could continue what we were doing last night.." A smirk played on my lips as she recalled what happened, a blush forming on her cheeks. "N-No thanks!" She replied hurriedly.

My smile only grew wider.

Teasing her was fun.

"It'll happen, (Y/N)." I said, giving her a stern look. "One way or another." Her face paled and a blush formed on her already rosy cheeks. I turned my attention back to my knife and we sat in silence for a while.