Chapter Nine: The Rules

Anti had given you water and cereal a few minutes ago and you had been sitting in awkward silence ever since. It probably wasn't awkward for him though, he seemed rather content. You laid there, contemplating whether or not you should break the silence, but with a heavy sigh, you nodded to yourself.

"A-Anti.."

"What?" He snapped.

You gulped down the lump forming in your throat and asked the question that had been nagging at you for an hour now. 

"What did you mean by Dark wants to come out and play?" 

He turned his steely gaze onto you and growled. "You're too curious for your own good."

"But I suppose.. if I'm going to make your life a living hell.. I could tell you."

You were genuinely confused and intrigued at the same time. "Or I could let your curiosity eat away at you." He giggled. You sighed in frustration and thought that he wouldn't say anything else on the matter, but he did.

"Dark wants to escape from The Shadow World. We call it Umbra." 

You tilted your head questioningly.

"We?"

He groaned in irritation. "You aren't that bright are you? The egos."

You mumbled an 'Oh' and averted your gaze. Then something clicked. "Isn't umbra, shade in Latin?" You asked curiously.

He rolled his eyes. "No, you idiot. It's shadow." You made a face at him. "I need to go somewhere for a few days, I'm going to cut you loose." You looked at him with confusion and skepticism.

"Or you could die of thirst tied to a bedpost." Anti shrugged. "I would think you'd prefer the first option though." You just nodded.

"Alright then. I have three rules for you to follow." 

Your huffed in frustration. "What is it now, Master Anti?" You replied sarcastically. His face shone a look of shock and amusement. Oh no.. You didn't like where this was headed. 

"I rather like the new title, (Y/N)." He shook his head before lifting it up, chuckling darkly as his eyes shimmered. "Call me that from now on."

Your face paled and your cheeks grew hot. "W-What?" 

Anti got up from his chair and walked over to you, leaning over you. "I said, call me Master." His hot breath grazed against your skin, making you shiver. He then sat on the end of the bed with a giggle.

"B-But-!" You stammered.

He hushed you. "Now, for the rules."

"Rule number one, NEVER try to leave."

You nod, rolling your eyes. Of course that would be one of them.

"Rule number two, NEVER go into the room next to you."

You frown, but nod anyway. If you were going to be set free you needed to help Jack by obeying Anti's commands.

"Rule number three, the most important of them all."

You wait for him to continue and he gives you the death stare.

"NEVER touch my cereal. I'll know if you have."

You furrow your brow. "Cereal? Y-You have to b-be joking." You replied, laughing nervously.

He leaned in close. "Does this look like I'm joking?!" He barked, his lips pulled back to display his sharp K9's.

You shrank back into the sheets and shakily voiced your reply. "N-No.."

He raised an eyebrow, a smirk on his lips as you groaned. "M.." His smile grew wider at your obvious hesitation. "M-Master." 

He let out a fit of laughs.

"H-Hey!" Your frown turned into a scowl as he laughed at you. He had hit your pride and this was how he was going to react? "S-Stop laughing!" You suddenly pushed him off the bed.

He landed with a hard thump and you immediately regretted your decision. A growl rumbled in his throat and he shot up. You shrank back further into the sheets. You knew you were in trouble now.

He wrapped his hands around your throat, making you gasp for any air you could get. "Don't EVER do that again. UNDERSTAND?!" He spat, squeezing just a little tighter. His blue eyes shimmered green for a split second and you nod as best you can.

He wasn't satisfied with this answer, so you tried again.

"Y-Ye..s...M..aster." You breathed.

He released you. Cool air rushed into your lungs as you breathed, making you cough at the sudden dryness. 

He smoothed out his ruffled clothes and without another word he jerkily unlocked the shackles chaining your hands to the bedpost. With your newfound freedom, you shot up and scrambled off the bed. You ran out of the unlocked door and down the hallway.

"(Y/N). I'm not up for playing games right now." Anti called. You ignored him and found the closest exit. 

He stomped out of the room and followed you. You didn't know how, but he was very close and he knew where you were going. You tried opening what you presumed was the front door. It rattled with your movements, but didn't budge.

You groaned and tried one last attempt at opening it. What you didn't know was that Anti was behind you, about to pounce as you once did in the basement. Your heart raced and you were about to run the other way when Anti pushed you against the wall with his body. 

"(Y/N).." He growled.

His throat rumbled against your skin, making you quiver. You didn't like the way your body reacted.

"Don't ever try to leave again. Do you understand?" Before you could answer, he dragged you back by your neck, making you stumble a few feet. 

You arrived at your door and as soon as he opened it he threw you onto the bed, making you bounce a little. "If any of the rules are broken while I'm gone, I will know." He scowled at you before saying, "And the punishment will be worse than anything you've ever felt."

"Mentally.. and physically."

He slammed the door behind him before you could react or say anything. At least while he's gone you can think whatever mean thought you want about him and he won't know. You sat back on the bed, rubbing your aching wrists. You wondered if Anti  smoked out of the house.. or if he just left like a normal person. So many questions swarmed your mind, but you had to decide on what you were going to do while he's away.

"Maybe I'll get a layout of the house..."