Chapter Sixteen: Tagan

You both have been walking for a bit. Anti had said his friend lived between the rocks and trees, hidden from view of everyone. One thing you noticed while walking with Anti is that the blue cracks where he steps light up neon green.. but dissolve back to blue when he moves away.

It's like the ground can't decide who to vote for- so they don't vote at all. Not even Dark knows where this friend lives and he knows where everyone is. Including Mark's other alter egos. Apparently, this friend of his can get your voice back. Anti beckons you to a small cottage by a neon blue stream of water.

You gape in awe at the sight of the bright blue water, but follow him. He knocks three times on the old wooden door. God knows where this friend got the wood from.. there doesn't seem to be any wood anywhere. The door creaks open and you both step inside.

The cottage is decorated in colored glass and a fireplace is lit at the far end. A table is set by the door and behind it sits a windowsill. Porcelain animal figures are scattered above the fireplace and a small picture of a green forest rests on the wall above them.

Nothing seems to be metal.. at all. This is by far the only normal looking thing here. A young woman with long curly fawn colored hair and bright green eyes steps out of the shadows of the hallway by the fireplace and greets Anti.

"Hello, Anti. Long time no see." Anti nods his head and greets her as well. "It had been a while, Tagan.. but I need your help." Tagan nods her head in your direction. "The lass has lost her voice? How?" Anti seems hesitant to respond, but he does.

"Dark.. he took something precious from her.." The woman nods and makes her way toward you. Tagan feels your throat and examines your eyes. "This should be an easy fix, let me get all the proper.. ingredients."

The woman moves away from you and takes a dark purple liquid from a bowl behind you and sets it on the table. She grabs a dried.. flower.. from a loose brick in the fireplace, setting it on the table too. She moves around corners and areas in the cottage until she has the ingredients she needs.

She points to the oily purple liquid, "This is a sort of goo from a very rare tree called Breenali." She points to the flower and the glowing white liquid. "This is Frendrayan root and in the crystal bottle, blood from a Castorial." You have no idea what these things are, but they sound interesting.

"One.. more.. thing." She walks over to Anti and takes the knife from his pocket. Anti looks surprised, but lets her grab his hand anyway. She takes a clear bottle from the table and positions it under his hand. She drags the knife along his palm and blood oozes from the wound.

Anti grits his teeth and jerks slightly. The blood from his hand drips into the clear bottle until it's half full. She releases his hand and puts his knife back into his pocket. Anti heals his wound and Tagan takes a glass from the cabinet above the table, setting it down.

She crushes the Frendrayan root and sprinkles it into the cup. She pours the Breenali goo and the Castorial blood into the glass as well and mixes it. She takes Anti's blood and swishes it around in the bottle, pouring it carefully into the mix as well.

A dark green smoke seeps out of the cup and into the air, swirling around and then disappearing. She grabs the glass and gives it to you to drink. You make a disgusted face and back away. Anti looks at you as if to say, 'Do I really need to force it down your throat?'

You begrudgingly take the cup and pour the metallically salty substance down your throat, swallowing it.

You gag and choke on the thick liquid, but take it down like a champ. "W-Why Anti's blood?" Is the first question that pops out of your mouth. The woman shrugs. "We needed the blood of someone just as powerful as Dark for the spell, or it wouldn't have worked properly. You wouldn't have been able to talk for at least three weeks."

She mumbles something under her breath that you couldn't exactly hear, but she earns a glare from Anti. "Tagan.. can me and (Y/N) stay here until mane?" Tagan nods and gestures toward the hallway that she came out of.

You both follow her toward a guest bedroom and she shuts the door behind her. "What's mane?" You asked. Anti sighs. "It's morning in Latin. We have three parts of the circle here, same as Earth. Mane, meridiem and noctis. Morning, noon and night." He explained. "Is there anything else I should know about your world?"

"During each period, there's a flash of light to let you know they've passed. There's a dial in the castle that points to three colors. Morning is orange, noon is peach and night is black. That's how we know what period of day it is. Without it we would kind of be clueless." He shrugged.

"That's about it. Unless you want a book on all the creatures that dwell between the three periods." You wave your hand dismissively. "Anti.. how do all of you exist?" He shoves his hand into his pocket and drags the other one through his green hair.

"Anything can become reality if enough people believe in it.. even if you got everyone to forget.. it would still be there. Like an annoying insect or a cat who lays on your front lawn and won't go away. Once you wish it into existence.. it becomes real."

You nod and sit down on the side of the bed. "Goodnight, Anti." You lay down on the plain white sheets and pull the covers up to your chin, falling asleep as soon as you get comfortable.