Chapter Fifteen: Soulless

He leans in closer to you and presses his cold, chapped lips to yours. You should pull away, but you don't care. You don't care about anything anymore and to his surprise, you kiss back. Despite your emotionless state, warm tears make their way down your cheeks and down to your lips.

A metallic taste fills your mouth and you realize that you're not.. leaking.. regular tears. It's blood. A smile forms on your face and Anti's eyes widen. He knew you weren't yourself. So as soon as you tried to deepen the kiss, he pushed you away.

"What's wrong with you?!" He looks at you in complete and utter bewilderment. Like you'd just kill his favorite cat. The smile stays plastered on your face, blood flowing down your face like a waterfall. "You're suppose to be pushing me away, not kissing me back!" He jumped off the bed and ran a hand through his green hair in deep thought.

"I can't torture you like this, I have to fix you."

You look at him curiously. He talked as if you were a machine. His creation. He scowls, his eyes illuminating the dark room with a neon green color. "I can't hurt him when you're like this."

You shrug and lean back on the headboard, folding your hands behind your head in a relaxed manner. Anti growls and walks out the door without another word. You could hear him say things like, 'Ruining my plan', 'running out of time' and 'going to kill him'. Honestly, your curiosity was still intact so you wanted to know what was wrong with you.

A few moments of mumbling and loud banging later, he walked back into the room. "I need to go see.. a friend of mine."

Your eyes widened in pretend shock. Oh my god.. it's a miracle, Anti has a friend! Oh wait.. he or she isn't imaginary, right..? Anti strides over to you, eyes glowing neon. He crinkles his nose and his expression sours. "I was going to leave you here to.. relax." He smiles innocently.

"But I guess it would be better to let you suffer the ride with me."

Anti.. You drag out the 'I' in his name, groaning.

"We leave at dark."

. . .

You sat on the couch as Anti paced the floor, running a hand through his dark green hair every once in a while. So you're saying.. Dark took my soul..? Why do I need that exactly? He stops in his tracks and turns around to look at you.

"Why? What the fuck kind of question is that?!"

He walks toward you and presses his hands on either side of your head, only inches apart. "Do you want to stay human? Do you want to live your life with your sanity intact?" You roll your eyes at his stupid nagging.

What is this? Twenty questions?

He sighs and sits on the couch next to you. "(Y/N).. the effects also include memory loss. You'll lose all the memories of your family.. your friends. Do you want that?" You gaze lazily at him and respond, I don't care. My family was shit. Mother came home drunk everyday, brought home a guy every night. I usually had to use my fathers shotgun to warn them off.. He died when I was barely into my teens.. so I don't think there's much good to remember.

He looks at you in complete shock, wondering how in Gods name you could be so chill about something like that, but then he shakes his head.

"Right well.. we should get going. It's going to be dark soon." He gets off the couch and beckons you off it as well. You reluctantly get off the couch and stand in front of him.

He rolls his eyes and pulls you into an embrace. A strong metallic smell fills your nose and you realize it's coming from Anti's slit neck. "Stand still. Don't move." You nod and do as he says. "Close your eyes." You hesitate, but do so.

You can feel Anti's green, smoky tendrils encase both of you. A moment later you're hit with a pang of nausea. Your eyes suddenly open and you hurl onto the ground next to you. Anti had stepped back during all of this so he wouldn't be the target.

You turned your fiery gaze on him after you were done puking. You couldn't tell me that I'd vomit?! You hissed inside your head. He giggled. "Sorry. I wanted it to be a surprise."

You scowl and take a look at where you are. The first thing you notice is the lack of sound. You can't hear anything, no birds, no crickets or furry creatures. The ground below you looks as if it's made of shiny black metal. Neon blue veins pulse from the cracks of the ground.

The dead trees have the same look to them and the sky is dark and stormy. If it wasn't for the neon blue veins in the trees and ground the place would be void of light.

You kneel and touch the earth below you and it feels as if it's dirt.. but it's not. You shiver. This place is making you uneasy. It's beautiful.. in it's own way.. It kind of makes you sorry for hurling on the ground. Anti.. why blue..? He sighs at your question but proceeds to answer it.

"It's a neutral color. Neither me nor Dark has fully taken control of Umbra so.. the color is blue. We are of the same amount of power, him and I. He lives in the castle, that way." He points in front of you and you turn your attention to where he's pointing.

A castle sits in the distance, blue veins lighting up the crevices around each brick. The castle looks to be metal too.. it's surfaces look smooth but you can't be sure from this distance. You'd assume it is. So.. why don't you kill him and claim Umbra..?

He sighs again. He darts his head back and forth, moving veiny leaves and broken tree limbs. "It's not that simple. We may be of the same strength.. but that doesn't mean it'd be easy to kill him. Trust me, I would if I could." He then beckons you to a large gap in between trees.

"This is where she lives.."