Chapter Thirteen: Empty

You look at the time on the clock hanging on the wall. It is now 7:30 PM. Time to free mystery man. You shakily get up from the bed, your teeth gritted subconsciously. What if it's a trick? What if it's been Anti all along?

You shake the thoughts from your head and open your bedroom door, shutting it quietly behind you, then making your way to the door on the right. "Alright.. now or never.." You reaches out to jiggle the door handle. It's.. open? No.. It's broken.. The door creaks open and you step inside, only for you to see something.. unexpected.

There's a chair in the middle of the stuffy room, but it's empty of its victim.. and the chair arms are broken off, tape is strewn across the brown carpet. You suddenly feel a presence behind you, but before you could turn around they grab you by the waist and lock you in place. You're unable to escape.

"(Y/N).." The voice cooed in your ear, making a shiver run down your spine as you realize who it might be. "M-Mark..?" The man you presume to be Mark, growls. "No. Guess again." You furrow your brow and think for a moment.

Your face pales after a moment of thought and your blood runs cold as you now realize what Anti was talking about. "D-Dark..?" You asked, trying to wriggle out of his grasp to face him. His iron grasp doesn't budge and he chuckles at your attempts to free yourself.

"Correct." His voice rumbles in his throat, making you feel like a sheep up next for slaughter. Now that you know who it is, you can see the difference between his voice and Mark's. This man's voice is like silk.. like hot water or rising steam.. evil almost.

Mark's is smooth and buttery, but is slightly higher in volume. "Let me go!" You screeched, trying to elbow him in the side, but he caught your elbow and growled. "Lost your stutter have we now?"

You grit your teeth defiantly. "What do you want from me?!"

You could feel his sly grin as he presses his abnormally cold lips to your ear. What I want.. is for Anti to suffer." He responds, pushing you forward. You fall to the floor and swirl around just in time to see Dark materialize from black smoke and kneel over your small form.

"And I know just the way to do that." At first you thought that he meant you, but then he stood and brushed off his grey, tightfitting suit. "For some odd reason.. he finds this world intriguing. He's grown quite fond of it and I seek to destroy everything he holds dear." He smiles again. "And that includes this filthy world and all the people who dwell within it."

You know this might sound cliché but.. "You'll never get away with this!"

He chuckles deeply and kneels back down beside you, tilting your chin up with his index finger. "I never fail twice." He removes his hand from your face and gets back up, brushing his suit off and straightening it once again. He takes out his pocket watch and checks the time.

"Ah! My time is coming to an end in this body.. I must be on my way." You reach out with your hand as if to say, 'Wait! I need answers.', but his body slumps to the floor, unconscious.

You scramble to his slumped form and shake his shoulders. "Hello?.. Hello?!" His eyelids fly open you're met with his chocolate colored orbs. "M-Mark?" You stammer. He tenses at his name.

"(Y/N)?!" He looks shocked and happy to see you, his eyes now focusing on your face. He pulls you into a hug and you make an 'oof' sound. "M..Mark.." You breathed. He lets you go and mumbles the words 'sorry'.

"I'm just glad you're save, (Y/N).." His eyes widen suddenly. "B-But w-where's A-Anti..?" He asked.

You then shrug. "I don't know. He left and said he'd be back in a few days." Your brows crease with concern. "Why?" He scrambles to his feet and drags you by your arm to the kitchen and then to the living room, you struggling and pulling all the while. "M-Mark!"

He stops. "(Y/N).. We have to get out of here, come on!" You shake your head. "Not without Jack!" He shakes his head frantically.

"(Y-Y/N)! We'll come back for him, come on!" He grabs your arm once again, tugging you with him to the front door.

"N-No!" You jerk your hand away.

As soon as he turns around to grab you again the door slams open and a pissed off Anti storms in. He turns his fiery gaze on Mark as he gets behind you. Anti's narrowed eyes widen when Mark pulls you to him by your neck and shoulders.

"Dark.. what are you doing?" Anti reaches his hands out to calm.. Dark? You try to face him but he tightens his grip, making you cough.

"Let's spice things up a bit, shall we?" Dark turns you around and places his warm, pouty lips against yours. Your eyes widen and you feel a tugging sensation deep inside you. He removes his lips from you and you can see a white mist seep from your mouth and into his.

His eyes light up a dark crimson color and you feel like your being skinned alive. "AEERRRGHHH!!" You cry out in pain and fear as the rest of the mist leaves your body and into Dark's mouth. You can't move. You can't see. Everything has gone dark and you feel empty inside.

Dark drops your almost lifeless body and turns to Anti, his eyes still burning brighter then a thousand suns. "See you soon, old pal." Dark's body drops to the floor next to yours and the last thing you hear is Anti calling out your name.

(A/N):

Oh my god.. I'm so sorry Mark. I just heard about Mark's niece, Miranda. She died in a car crash and when I heard about it.. it crushed me. I could see that he was fighting through tears and I feel so depressed.. the weird thing is.. that I had a dream about Jack dying last night.. someone important to Mark.. and the next morning he hears about Miranda.. it's strange. I can't believe that Mark had to go through any of that.. he's been through so much already.. Please everyone, give Mark your support.. subscribe to his channel and give him your condolences... Again, I'm so sorry..