Chapter Twenty-One: Robbie

Chase stumbled over to Robbie who was still curled up into a ball. "Hey, bro. Sorry about leaving you back there.. I was so scared that you wouldn't make it!" At the sound of Chases voice Robbie hopped up and pulled Chase into a hug, still crying his eyes out. Chase and Robbie stayed in the embrace for a while until you heard a loud clanking sound from behind you. You looked behind you to find Anti sprawled out on the floor unconscious. Chase and Robbie ran over to Anti to prop his head up on Chases knees. You tilted your head to the side.

"I thought you said you didn't like Anti..?" You asked questioningly. Robbie looked up to you as if seeing you for the first time and smiled sadly. (Some of you may want Robbie to talk like he's struggling to talk but it's easier for me if he talks normally) "We may not get along sometimes but.. Anti is still our brother." You nodded and went to go help with Anti.

                                                                                          . . .

You had set up camp a few yards away from the place that you'd seen the Titans. You didn't want to chance another attack, but dragging Anti's limp body was harder then expected. Anti hadn't woken up yet and you felt.. weird. You don't exactly know what the feeling is but.. you know it isn't good. 

You felt Anti's arm brush against yours and you looked up from your knees. You had been curled up in a fetal position ever since you set up camp. Anti's hand grasped your forearm and made you gasp. You looked sideways at him and his facial expression was pained. He's probably dreaming.. You hesitantly took his hand in your and squeezed tightly to it. You didn't exactly know why you felt like you needed to comfort him, you just did. Anti groaned slightly and squeezed your hand tighter. You winced, but held on.

Robbie and Chase were looking at you in confusion and whispering to each other, this went on for about five minutes until you got frustrated and yelled at them. "What's so interesting about me that you have to whisper?!" You shouted, making them jump. "U-Uh.. Well.. You're holding A-Anti's hand.." Robbie replied, pointing to your intertwined fingers. You rolled your eyes. "And?" You asked, shrugging. "W-Well.. We're kind of surprised that he even lets you do that.. even in his sleep he's aware, bro." Chase put in. "Also.. we're confused as to why you even want to." He remarked.

"I suppose.. it's just in my nature." You replied, sighing. "But.. I don't see why I.. care? I guess.. I don't have a soul. It shouldn't be possible, right?" You asked. Chase and Robbie exchanged looks. "U-Uh.." Robbie started. "You're nearing Dark's castle. If he truly does hold your soul, then that's why you're emotions are returning. The closer you get, the more you feel." He replied. You nodded in understanding. "H-How long did you say you've been without your soul?" Chase asked. "About.. a week? Why..?" They exchanged uneasy glances.

"N-Nothing.." Robbie said. You glared at him. "No, what is it?" You asked again. Chase and Robbie shrugged again. You growled, making them jump again. "Tell me. Now." You demanded. Robbie mumbled something about you being just like Anti and you turned your glare onto him. He gulped down the lump forming in his throat and shrank back. Chase patted his back and looked at you. "We just don't understand why your not dead, bro." Your eyes bugged at his words. "What do you mean?" 

"Well.. normally, when a person goes without their soul for more then a few days.." He trailed off. "They die." He finished. You blinked a few times. "What?" He nodded glumly. "It's true." Your hands started to shake and an unknown emotion rose to your chest and tightened. You started to hyperventilate. "W-What is this feeling..?" You asked, your voice wavering. "That's.. fear, bro. You've never felt fear before?" Chase replied. You shook your head. "I must have forgotten what fear felt like." 

Anti stirred slightly and opened his eyes. The first thing he noticed was his hand tightly wrapped around yours. He narrowed his eyes at the back of your head. You were still fixated on what Chase had said and you didn't notice Anti was awake. 

"So.. I'm suppose to be dead.." You repeated. Chase and Robbie nodded. Anti's eyes widened and he quickly cleared his throat. You swung your head around to look at him. "Chase, Robbie.." He said weakly. "Stop spouting.. nonsense." They quickly looked away from his glare in fear of what he might do. Anti looked at you and motioned to your intertwined hands with a raised eyebrow. "What's this?" He asked. You shrugged. "You grabbed my forearm in your sleep.. I just held your hand to make sure your sleep went better." You narrowed your eyes in confusion. "For.. some reason, anyway." 

"Chase and Robbie said that it was because I was getting closer to my soul." You finished. Anti glared at Chase and Robbie, making them shiver in fear. "What else.. have they been telling you?" 

"They said that I wasn't suppose to be alive.. that being without my soul for so long should have killed me." You replied blankly. His eyes shined and you narrowed your eyes at him. "You knew didn't you?" You asked, slightly fearful of his answer. He nodded hesitantly. "I was.. hopeful.. that you'd live through it." He said, shrugging off your fearful expression. Suddenly, rage boiled inside of you and you found yourself on top of Anti. You were about to punch Anti in the face, but Something was holding you back. You looked behind yourself and saw that Chase was holding your arm. 

"Chase, I'm warning you. LET. ME. GO." You seethed through gritted teeth. Chase was scared, but he held your arm tighter. "Listen, man. No one has to get hurt." He replied shakily. Your eyes flashed in anger and you jerked your hand in an attempt to free it.