Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Labyrinth

(Two hundred reads?! Thank you!)

Anti jerked your head up by your hair while you were in a deep sleep. "Hey!" You yelled, gripping his hand that was wrapped tightly around your (h/c) hair. "Get the fuck up, we're already late as is because of your ass." He removed his hand from your head and you gently held your head in your right hand. Anti's emotional outbursts were getting on your nerves now. You grabbed his hand as he was about to turn around and gripped it tightly. "What the hell is your problem? One day you're fine, the next your violent!" You got off the bed and poked his chest, hard. "I'm getting tired of the bullshit, Anti. What is going on?!"

Suddenly you felt a stinging sensation on your left cheek. You released Anti's hand and held your cheek gingerly. He had slapped you. Tears sprang from your pained eyes as you looked at him in horror, he just rolled his eyes. "Don't be so dramatic." You closed your eyes and sighed deeply. The best thing to do was not piss him off further. "Yes, Anti." You released your cheek and pushed past him and out of the bedroom without another word.

Jack's egos were already up and about and smiled at you, but as soon as they saw your tear stained cheeks and the red handprint they frowned. "You okay, bro?" Chase asked, pulling you into a tight hug. You just stood there, blankly staring ahead. "Yeah." Is all you responded with. He let you go and gave you a worried look. You just looked down at your feet and continued getting ready for the battle for your soul.

                                                                                    . . .

Anti walked up to the guard and demanded that he open the gates. The guard was at least 6'3 while Anti stood at 5'9. "I'm sorry, sir. I can't let you do that. The King specifically told me not to let you in." The tall man replied, holding his hand up to Anti's face. Anti growled before responding, "Unless you want me to rip out your intestines and strangle you with them, step aside." The man looked scared at first but then composed himself. "I'm sorry. I can't. If I have to, I'll remove you from the area myself." The guard folded his arms and glared at Anti. "I was hoping you'd say that!" Anti giggled before gutting the man with his knife. The man howled in pain as Anti kept him alive to see what he was doing.

The man looked like he was about to puke and his eyes were stained with horror. Anti ripped out his intestine and wrapping it around his throat. The man's eyes rolled back into his head as he choked on his own blood. As soon as the intestine was wrapped firmly around the man, he flicked his wrist and the intestine coiled around the top of the gate. The man's hands gripped the coil helplessly as the life drained from his face and he quit struggling. He had done what he promised. He had choked the man with his own intestines. 

You and the others stared at Anti in horror as he smiled maniacally up at his sick form of art. Blood dripped from his dark green hair and covered his hands and shirt, leaving his jeans untouched before he gripped the knife in his hand and wiped the blood off on his pants. Now that the guard was dead, the doors magically opened and gave off an unwelcoming aura as you creeped forward. 

You were now approaching a labyrinth with seven openings. "It's better to split up. (Y/N) take the farthest left passage while I take the farthest right passage." Anti glared at you before you could make any suggestions on his 'split up' demand. You just looked at your feet and nodded. Anti continued. "JJ, take the second passage on (Y/N)'s side, Jackie take the second passage on my side." They both nodded and stood by their passages, you did the same. "Marvin, take the third passage on my side. Chase, take the third passage on (Y/N)'s side." They stood by their passages as well. That just leaves Robbie. Robbie takes the middle passage and you all start the journey through the thick labyrinth.

You come across a thick bunch of leaves, they're blocking your path. You try and pull them out of your way but you end up getting cut by the sharp thorns. The flowers that bloom from the thick jumbled ropes of stem.. are black roses. Peculiar. You pick one out of the array of different sizes of the same flower and stick it behind your ear, taking in the bitter sweet aroma it emits. The overgrown roses wilt and wither at your feet and you step over them carefully. You can now choose between right or left. You choose left and take the turn. 

After a while of walking down a straight path, you come across a woman in a fetal position faced away from you. Her curly auburn hair hangs loosely down her back and she wears a white nightgown. You hesitantly approach her and reach out your hand. You poke her shoulder and she jerks her head to the right. You couldn't see her face, but you knew that she could see you. She stood up as you backed away as she turned to face you. Her wild hair fell over her face, her features hidden. Suddenly she runs at you, making you whir around and run the other way. She catches up with you and pushes you against the stone walls of the labyrinth. You cry out in pain as jagged rocks jar into your back and sides and blood trickles down your new wounds.

She finally pushes her hair from her face and you can see her clearly. "Beth..?" You squeaked out. Black tears stain her cheeks and her eyes sag lifelessly. The color has drained from her pale skin and her overall appearance is ragged and frail. "You left me.." She rasped. Your knot your brow and tilt your head at her as she continues. "You left me to die." She said. You shook your head. "No, Beth. I'd never do that." She continues on as if she hadn't heard you speak. "You left me alone to die." She takes a shallow and shaky breath before continuing. "I killed myself because of you, (Y/N)." 

 Tears prick the back of your eyes as she says this. "I couldn't take the depression, (Y/N).. You were my only friend." She hid her face from you before speaking again. "You left me to die." She spat. She tilted her head back at an unnatural angle and you could clearly see the rope burns and bruises around her neck. She had hung herself. You push her back and her head hits the floor as her body crumples around it. You start to run and make random turns before stopping and catching your breath and falling to your knees. "I'm sorry Beth.. I failed you." You held your face in your hands as you choked out cries. You just hope the others aren't going through the same things you are..