Chapter Twenty-Two: Marvin and Jackie

You had freed your hand and were about to throw a punch at Anti when Robbie suddenly stood and grabbed your arm again, pulling you off of Anti and pinning your arms behind your back. You growled, tears stinging your eyes. "YOU KNEW! THE ENTIRE TIME, YOU KNEW!" You yelled at Anti. He coughed and rolled his eyes at you weakly. "YOU KNEW I COULD DIE AND YOU DID NOTHING!" He turned and glared at you. "I'm helping to get your soul back aren't I?" He replied. 

Your vision blurred and you became erratic. You pulled one arm free and rammed it into Robbie's chest, knocking the wind out of him. Chase ran over to help Robbie with you and grabbed the arm you had freed. Robbie and Chase were now holding you back from snapping Anti's neck. Anti looked back to you with an amused smirk. His expression turned concerned when he saw the color of your eyes. They had turned an inky black. 

Chase and Robbie saw it too and released you from fear of being ripped to shreds. You fell to the ground, on your hands and knees breathing heavily. You had calmed down considerably as soon as they let you go. You tilted your head up to see Anti staring at you like your head was cut off. "Well that wasn't suppose to happen.." He mumbled. "It was probably anger induced." Chase suggested. Anti nodded, deep in thought. You turned your head to the distance and perked your ears up. You had heard something.. it sounded like someone was saying.. Marvel? Something like that. 

A few seconds of looking near a pile of rocks later, two shadows started to form. You crouched low to the ground and slowly made your way to the rocks. Anti looked over to you in confusion, but saw the shadows almost instantly. "(Y/N)!" He hissed quietly. You shushed him and kept going until you were at the pile. The shadows drew near and you pounced onto one of them. You were now struggling with someone. "Hey.. Hey! Get off me you crazy woman!" You recognized this voice. It sounded similar to Jack's. You opened your eyes to see a man in a colored cat mask and cape. "M-Marvin?" You both stopped struggling and looked into each others eyes. "That's me!" He replied, smiling. "But um.. could you please get off me?" 

You instantly untangle yourselves and got off the ground. A man in red spandex walked toward Marvin and poked him in the ribs. "Ouch- Oh. This is Jackie." Marvin explained. Excitement filled your eyes as you recognized yet another one of Jack's egos. You let out a tiny giggle, startling yourself. "That's Jackieboy Man." The man in red corrected him. Marvin rolled his eyes, but smiled. You motioned them to follow you into the camp that you had set up and as soon as Anti saw them he growled loudly, making them both jump.

"Marvin? Jackie?" Chase asked. Robbie stood up and followed Chase to the other two egos. Marvin pulled them both into a hug and Jackie did the same. You were kind of disappointed that it wasn't Henrik.. but it was alright. At least you got to meet four of them- and Anti. The asshole of the group.

                                                                                       . . .

The group had been talking while you and Anti sat in silence. Most of his wounds had healed and he still wasn't happy about taking Jackie, Chase, Robbie and Marvin with you. At this point you were bound to walk into Henrik.. right? 

"Thank you."

You looked toward Anti. "What?" You asked. Anti sighed and then repeated himself. "I said.. thank you." You mouth slightly hung open. "Are you okay? Do you have a fever or something?" You reached forward and touched his forehead with the back of your hand. Anti pushed it away and glared at you. "What?" You asked innocently. "You've been an ass to me this entire time and you're saying thank you. It's kind of unexpected." You shrugged.

Anti glared at you. "(Y/N)." He replied, narrowing his already glowing eyes at you. "Sorry.." You mumbled. The others thankfully hadn't paid any attention to the conversation with Anti.  "Uh Anti? I was wondering if you have internet in Umbra?" You asked, trying desperately to change the subject. "Actually, no. We don't." Anti replied. "Well.. did you bring my phone and that tiny speaker that fits inside your pocket?" 

"Yeah. I was wondering when you'd ask for it." He took your phone and speaker out of his pocket and gave it to you. "I charged it with the cord that you'd left at Jack's place just incase." You nodded and got onto Spotify. You had the premium so you could listen to songs online. You placed the speaker on the ground and hooked up to it. Anti groaned in annoyance. "Seriously? Music, now?" You smiled happily and replied, "I have a feeling you'll like this song." You started to play the song I'm Not Alright, by Shinedown. 

All dressed up
In a white straitjacket
Shut your mouth
No, you can't have it

Paper airplanes
Open window
Here today
And gone tomorrow

I like to stare at the sun
And think about what I've done
I lie awake in my great escape
I like crossing the line
And slowly losing my mind
Are you okay 

'Cause I feel fine
Maybe it's me
I'm just crazy
Maybe I like that I'm not alright

All messed up
And slightly twisted
Am I sick
Or am I gifted

Paper airplanes
Open window
Here today
And gone tomorrow

I like to stare at the sun
And think about what I've done
I lie awake in my great escape
I like crossing the line
And slowly losing my mind
Are you okay
'Cause I feel fine
Maybe it's me
I'm just crazy
Maybe I like that I'm not alright

Whoa, I don't care if you apologize
I can't lie
Whoa, I can't lie

I like to stare at the sun
And think about what I've done
I lie awake in my great escape
I like crossing the line
And slowly losing my mind
Are you okay
'Cause I feel fine
Maybe it's me
I'm just crazy

 Maybe I like that I'm not alright (x2)

You press pause on the song and look over to Anti. He has a small smile on his face. "You're right. I do like that song. Reminds me of.. well, me." The others thought it was great too. "Well, if you guys like this song.. wait'll you see the next one." You winked at them and pressed the play button. 

Thriller by Michael Jackson.