Chapter Twenty-Three: Control

You got up and put your head down, waiting for the actual lyrics to play. "What are you doing?" Anti asked curiously. "I can dance to this. I know his moves." You replied. Anti raised an eyebrow and an amused smirk played at his lips. "Be my guest, then. I'm going to laugh when you fall on your ass." 

Its close to midnight and something evils lurking in the dark
Under the moonlight you see a sight that almost stops your heart
You try to scream but terror takes the sound before you make it
You start to freeze as horror looks you right between the eyes,
You're paralyzed

cause this is thriller, thriller night
And no ones gonna save you from the beast about strike
You know its thriller, thriller night
You're fighting for your life inside a killer, thriller tonight

You hear the door slam and realize there's nowhere left to run
You feel the cold hand and wonder if you'll ever see the sun
You close your eyes and hope that this is just imagination
But all the while you hear the creature creepin' up behind
You're out of time

cause this is thriller, thriller night
There ain't no second chance against the thing with forty eyes
You know its thriller, thriller night
You're fighting for your life inside of killer, thriller tonight

Night creatures call
And the dead start to walk in their masquerade
There's no escapin' the jaws of the alien this time
(they're open wide)
This is the end of your life

They're out to get you, there's demons closing in on every side 

They will possess you unless you change the number on your dial
Now is the time for you and I to cuddle close together
All through the night I'll save you from the terror on the screen,
I'll make you see

That this is thriller, thriller night
cause I can thrill you more than any ghost would dare to try
Girl, this is thriller, thriller night
So let me hold you tight and share a killer, diller, chiller
Thriller here tonight

Darkness falls across the land
The midnite hour is close at hand
Creatures crawl in search of blood
To terrorize yawls neighbourhood
And whosoever shall be found
Without the soul for getting down
Must stand and face the hounds of hell
And rot inside a corpses shell
The foulest stench is in the air
The funk of forty thousand years
And grizzly ghouls from every tomb
Are closing in to seal your doom
And though you fight to stay alive
Your body starts to shiver
For no mere mortal can resist
The evil of the thriller..

Anti slowly claps as you finish dancing and singing along to the music. The others clap and whoop at your amazing performance. "Awesome, man!" Chase said. "Amazing!" Jackie put in. "Truly magnificent." Marvin replied. Robbie just had a huge grin plastered across his face. You took a deep bow and raised an eyebrow at Anti. Anti's face paled and his eyes drooped. "Anti?" You ran over to him and knelt down. His head hung to the side and liquid black mist seeped from his open mouth. "Anti!" You said a little louder. "Go." He mumbled. "What?" His head snapped up and he snarled. "I SAID GO!" 

You jumped back and crawled away from him. The others looked frightened as well. Anti shakily got to his feet and cracked his knuckles. You could hear a faint chuckle rise from him as he made his way toward you. Another song played from your small speaker, I'm Breathing by Jet Black Stare. 

His pace was slow and taunting. As soon as he neared the ego closest to him, Robbie, he pounced. He took out his knife and held it up to the egos throat. Before he could end Robbie's life, you pushed him off of him. Robbie scrambled to his feet and cowered with the others. Anti gave you a look of annoyance and got to his feet. His look of irritation was replaced by a smirk as he neared your unfazed stance. You stood strong as he was now standing in front of you, twirling the knife in his hand. 

His eyes are now pouring the black mist and he presses the knife into the skin of your neck, making it bleed. You wince and his smile grows wider. "Anti.." He tilts his head at your words. "Anti? No." He scoffs. "This is not Anti." 

"Then who are you?" You asked. "Is ThAt ReAlLy So ImPoRtAnT?" You cringe at his distorted words but nod. "I cOuLd TeLl YoU.. bUt ThAt WoUlDn'T bE aS fUn." He pushes you onto the ground and straddles your hips like Anti had done a few hours ago. "Anti.. I know you can hear me. If there is still a shred of control in your psychotic body, NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME... TO USE IT!" As if on cue, Anti's body jerks to the side and his eyes change to an inky black with green irises. His body jerks again and he screams, "NO!" You can't tell if that was Anti.. or the thing inside of him.

The creature smiles again and holds the knife up to your throat. You shiver at the blades icy temperature. He digs it into your skin again and you flitch. You close your eyes and accept fate. You were even preparing a speech inside of your head incase he didn't go straight for the kill. Death doesn't come. A weight lifts from you and you hear a screech of metal on metal beside your ear.

You look to the side to see a blade sticking out of the ground. "NO.. YoU cAn'T.." Anti stumbles back and off of you. you take this chance to get to your feet and jump onto him, restraining his hands beside his head. "Anti! Anti?" His head jerks to the side and he hisses like he's in pain. This thing must be tearing him apart from the inside out. "Anti. Fight it." His head jerks and glitches. "I.. cAn'T!" You take his face in your hands and give him a concerned look. "Yes.. yes you can." He stops for a moment to look at you with a pained expression. His eyes roll back into his head and he falls unconscious.