Chapter Twenty-Four: Wake Up Sleepy Head

Anti had woken up from his uncomfortable unconsciousness and you were almost to the castle. You were seriously fatigued and stressed out. Anxiety gnawed at your stomach and you felt sick. Anti had slept through noon and night yesterday. He was apparently feeling fine now, but you couldn't shake the feeling that he was lying to you. He couldn't stop looking over his shoulder. It was now night. A flash of light had gone across the sky to signal it had changed hours ago. It was dragging near midnight.. you knew because you couldn't shake the feeling of dread. 

The others, including you, had fallen behind while Anti walked ahead of you. He kept his head down in deep thought and parts of his body glitched in irritation and complete rage. You'd never seen him silently rage before. It was getting pretty bad.. You'd better get to the castle soon..

~Jack's POV (Fucking finally)~

A sharp stab of pain woke me up from my comfortable sleep. How many hours was I out? I heard a deep chuckle from beside me. I got up shakily and stumbled a few feet before straightening -myself. My legs are so weak.. I feel.. So.. I dropped to my knees and swallowed the thick caking spit in my dry mouth. My lips are chapped and my legs feel like they haven't been used in weeks. Sweat drips down my forehead and back.  "That's funny, Anti." What? Anti..? "Take a look at yourself, Jack." The man with an oddly deep voice said. I looked down in the dimly lit room and sure enough, my clothes were black. A black T-Shirt and black ripped skinny jeans. "Witwgrarhh." My throat rasped inaudible words. What in the world..? 

"It's been longer then just a few hours. You've been out for weeks. Try, two."

My eyes bugged at the mans words. Wait.. I never said that out loud.. "Finally, you're catching on." The man stepped out of the shadows and my mouth hung open at his appearance. Dark..?

"Yes, indeed." 

Dark threw a water bottle at me and I hesitantly took it. "What? It's not poisoned." I narrowed my eyes at him but took a sip, then another.. then the whole bottle. I gasped and sucked in air. I could finally talk. "But.. if.. you're here..." I trailed off. "Anti is bound to be out too." He nodded. "Where's (Y/N)?!" My voice cracked at the sudden yell but I didn't care. "Oh, she's.. around." His eyes flashed red and his mouth turned up into a smirk. "What have you done with her?!" I slowly stood up on my feet and held my hand to the wall for support. My stomach turned and a tight pain made me sink back down to the floor. I hadn't eaten in two weeks.

"H-How am I still alive..?" He chuckled at my ignorance. "Don't you see? Anti kept you alive to suffer an endless void of misery." My head hung low and my stomach growled angrily. This reminds me of my playthrough of Little Nightmares.. the girl was so hungry.. I get the feeling now. I probably would have eaten the little mushroom cap child too. I grimaced at the thought.

"You and Anti aren't so different are you?" Before I could ask him what he meant he spoke again. "Doing anything and everything to survive." He scowled. "Like a cockroach." 

A tear slid down my cheek at the pain I was feeling in my stomach. "W-Where's Anti?" Dark laughed again. "With (Y/N)." He stated. My eyes widened. "Take me to her, please! I don't know what he'll do to her.." My eyes started to get heavy with sleep. "What.. was.. in that.." Dark shushed me. He grabbed my arms and snapped his fingers. As soon as I opened my weary eyes again we were in an unfamiliar room. "What.. is this.. pl-" He cut me off again. "My castle. Now shut the fuck up and sleep." As soon as those words left his mouth my form crumpled beneath him and my consciousness faded.

~(Y/N)'s POV~

Anti stopped suddenly, glitching to the side and then back. You walked up to him. "What is it?" You asked. "Nothing." And just like that, he kept walking, until a flash of pink caught his eye and he stopped again. The whole group stopped to look around. "Miss me?" Wil's voice sounded from behind you and you whirled around to meet him face to face. He holds out his hand for you to take once again and you take it, fearful of what this man might do if you didn't. He smiles and kisses your hand. Anti growls. Wil removes his lips from the back of your hand and smiles slyly at Anti. "So.. have you decided?" Wil asked Anti. 

"Yes, I have and it's a no. Do you have any idea how unbelievably stupid I would be to accept that offer?" Wil's smile turned into a scowl. "Fine. I won't protest, but.. I will so enjoy the look on your face when you see what Dark has in store for you." And with that, Wil disappeared into pink smoke, leaving everyone besides you and Anti confused. Even though you don't know Wil personally, you figure he's not one to stay calm when people say no to one of his deals. You and Anti exchanged glances. "We should keep moving if we want to make it to town before mane." You nod at Anti and you and the group of egos keep going, no questions asked. No one wants to piss Anti off right now..

                                                                                            . . .

It's been about an hour since Wil appeared and you are now about to approach a gate outside of the depressing looking town. Blue veined walls loom over you, making you even more uneasy then an hour ago. Anti grips your arm and you yelp. He glares at you and you immediately clam up. "If any ego senses a human here, they'll tear you apart. Human souls are rare here and worth a fortune and they won't be as friendly as Jack's egos. I have to mask your scent." He said, pulling you away from Chase, Robbie, Jackie and Marvin's questioning stares.