Chapter Seven

The following morning I woke up to soft singing and I felt Sage drawing patterns on my chest and singing softly. I pretended to still be asleep for fear that he would stop singing once he knows I’m listening. His voice is beautiful and angelic just like everything else about him.

               I know we turned a few times in our sleep but we ended up just like we fell asleep with our legs tangled with each other. He stopped singing and as I was going to say something but then his sweet voice started singing a song I recognized.

                   If you’re not the one then why does my soul feel glad today?

                  If you’re not the one then why does my hand fit yours this way?

                 If you are not mine then why does your heart return my call?

                 If you are not mine would I have the strength to stand at all?

                I'll never know what the future brings

                But I know you're here with me now

                We’ll make it through

                And I hope you are the one I share my life with

              I don’t want to run away but I can’t take it, I don’t understand

              If I’m not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am?

             Is there any way that I can stay in your arms?

            He stopped singing and my heart soared. Does he really feel this way about me? I want to open my eyes to make sure I’m not dreaming but I don’t want this moment to go away. After a few seconds Sage started singing the last part of the song.

                ‘Cause I miss you, body and soul so strong that it takes my breath away

                 And I breathe you into my heart and pray for the strength to stand today

                 'Cause I love you, whether it’s wrong or right

                  And though I can’t be with you tonight

                 You know my heart is by your side

                 I don’t want to run away but I can’t take it, I don’t understand

                  If I’m not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am

                 Is there any way that I could stay in your arms?

            “There’s one way, you could be mine,” I offered. Sage jumped obviously startled by my voice.

            “W-what?”  Is he kidding with that question?

            “After a night of passionate love do you really have to question me? When I said I love you I meant it. I’m not certain about a lot of things but one thing is for sure. I’m madly in love with you and I want to be with you. Be mine, Sage. Be my boyfriend”