Chapter Twenty Three

HELLO :) 

Oh one more thing...6000+ reads Thank you all! Muah! 

            I had to go to talk to the chief of police at my uncle’s precinct. He thought it best that I voice my concerns to someone outside of the family as a precaution if something should happen I wouldn’t be implicated wrongly.  That idea didn’t cross my mind and I’m glad I spoke with the chief.

            With the news I heard I knew that Francesca’s problem wasn’t the fact that I’m with a guy, it’s the guy that I’m with. Elliot was probably complaining to her about how I stole Sage from him—which I didn’t. If I remember correctly, and I do he came to me and I never asked him to leave that asshole and be with me instead. That was all his doing. 

I’m trying to put the pieces together and the only thing that made sense is that Francesca was trying to help her brother out. She probably found out that the guy Elliot hated was one of her friends and that’s why she turned freaking psychotic on me. Jago is the closet person I ever had to a brother and if someone tried to ruin his happiness purposely I would do some serious harm. That doesn’t mean I’d turn into a freaking psycho.

            What I learned about Elliot is that he’s manipulative. Sage didn’t realize what he was doing to him but the minute he told me I figured it out. Elliot would always “feel bad” that Sage and I spend so much time together and in turn that made Sage feel bad about it, which means, he would ultimately always choose to stay with Elliot. That little fucker.

            “New car?” Uncle Ian asked with a raised brow.

            “Nah, took this from dad,” I said yawning at the end. I am so fucking tired, I barely got any sleep the past couple days since the dinner at Sage’s grandfather, Leon.

            “What happened to your car?” He’s such a cop, question after question.

            “I told Sage he could—no, should drive it. I feel better that way”

            “Hmm, okay.” I looked at him weird and he looked away immediately. “I need to put a tracker on this car, I’ll be right back”

            “Listen,” I said sternly, getting really frustrated with his attitude lately. “If there’s something on your mind, something you’d like to say to me, just say it and stop the weird looks and indirect comments. If you have a problem with me being with Sage just say it before shit gets bad and I’m counting on you to be there for me and I end up disappointed.”

            “Liam, you know I don’t care who you love as long as the person is good to you and good for you.” I could tell that I hurt his feelings by saying what I had said to him.

            “Then why are you acting like this?” I still wanted to know.

            “Because I’m worried about you, that’s why. I want you happy, that’s all I ever wanted for you. I can’t even begin to tell you how happy I am that you’ve finally decided to settle down and stop the constant partying. But you’re keeping something big from someone you love and I’m just worried that if he finds out about this he won’t forgive you.” He’s right, but he doesn’t know Sage like I do.

            “I can’t tell him”

            “Why not, Liam?”

            “Because…he’ll worry and he’s paranoid and he’ll be worry about me twenty four sevens. You don’t know him like I do. You know, when I was released from the hospital, he would sleep all the way at the end of the bed and you know how freaking big my bed is. Do you know why? Because he was scared of hurting me and he never left my side for the two weeks that I was healing. He made sure that I was careful and I didn’t hurt myself with my carelessness…you don’t understand him. I want him safe and happy and free of worry. Not watching his back every step he take because of this little fucker. I have people watching his back for him already. I’d rather him be mad at me in the future than what telling him would do to him right now. If he gets mad at me I’ll do whatever I can to make it up to him. I don’t know if him being unrealistic or naïve but I know he won’t leave me for this. And if I’m wrong and he leaves me, it won’t be for long because I’ll get him back no matter what I have to do.” He completely surprised me by hugging me.