Chapter Eight

Enjoy :) 

            Sage held on to my hand as he took the key out of the ignition and closed the doors. He lead me to the kitchen looking back at me every now and then, probably checking to see if my anger is still there. Of course it’s still there, that idiot hurt him and the only thing holding me back from ripping his throat out is the man holding my hand.

            He led me to a stool and I almost—almost laughed at how he’s treating me like a baby. I’m not in the mood to laugh or smile and I’m not going to pretend that I’m all right. I’m livid. I told Sage I wouldn’t go which meant I wouldn’t do anything but that doesn’t mean I couldn’t have someone do it. Elliot is going to regret it. 

“I’ll make us something, okay?” I nodded and watch him move around the kitchen. First he went to the refrigerator and frowned, and then he went to the pantry and did the same. He turned around raising a brow at me; I did the same challenging him.

            “What?” I asked as he glared at me.

            “There’s no food here, Will”

            “Oh, I’m sorry. I don’t use this thing so I didn’t know,” I explained and Sage’s shoulder slumped and his face held a slight frown. I hated seeing it on him. “We could do grocery shopping?” I suggested hoping it’ll make him feel better. “Then after that we can watch movies cuddled on the couch like you love to do…”

            “Uh okay,” Sage responded hesitantly and I wondered why he was hesitant. I went to get him one of my jacket and a pair of my boat shoes since everything he wore yesterday was soaked. We don’t have the same style in shoes but we both wear boat shoes every now and then. A grin made it’s way onto my boyfriend’s face as I waved the shoes in front of him and I can bet he’s ecstatic that we wear the same size shoes.

            The more Sage smiled at me the better I felt. It makes me delighted knowing that he cares about me enough to save me from myself. My arm was resting on the armrest on the right side of my seat and I felt Sage’s fingers intertwined with me. Turning briefly I smiled at him then brought his hands up to my lips.

            “I’m going to tell you what happened,” Sage said suddenly. Trying very hard to keep my anger at bay I gave his hand a squeeze. “Um, we were at his apartment yesterday and we were kiss—” I groaned at his mention of him kissing Elliot. “Will,” he said his hold faltering slightly on my hand.

            “Sorry,” I mumbled.

            “We were kissing—” he paused momentarily and I could see from the corner of my eyes that he’s watching me to see if I’m going to say something again. “But I wasn’t into it and Elliot eyed me suspiciously and ask if I was upset about my fight with you and I told him yes. Then he got angry and started accusing you of ruining things even when you aren’t around which isn’t true. He ruined whatever moment we used to have by being paranoid about you. I couldn’t get you out of mind, Will. The words you said to me just kept replaying in my mind and I couldn’t believe it. Like I told you before I was scared and I thought all you had felt for me was sexual attraction”

            “Anyways, Elliot was in the middle of blaming you again and telling me that he doesn’t want me to hang out with you and all that stuff. He was speaking but I honestly couldn’t hear him, the only thing I heard was your voice in my head saying, ‘I’m in love with you, I’m in love with you’. then I snapped out of it. I told him I couldn’t do this with him anymore and he asked me why,” he laughed, “And his next question didn’t even shock me, ‘is it Will?’ but I was honest I told him yes”