Chapter Twenty-nine

Thought I’d give you guys one more sex scene before I ended the book :)

            I'm so in love with this man it's unreal. My thumping heart won't slow down and as our feet move and our bodies sway, hand in hand, cheek-to-cheek, body-to-body, in the master bedroom of this beautiful Barcelona beach house, I realize that this moment is the happiest I have ever been. I can feel it in every nerve and follicle on my body. Sage is the absolute best thing that has ever happened to me. If I had never met him I would have been a lost soul, just wandering this earth trying to find where I belong. And I know I wouldn’t have found it because Sage is it for me. What I feel with him no one could come close to it. Even after all this time, everything feels new. Nothing ever gets old with Sage and my feelings for him just grow stronger and stronger every day.

I smiled, remembering how I wanted to murder him couple ago. We agreed on a  summer wedding and Sage wanted to have it in June. I didn't want to wait but I can never say no to him. I didn’t know Sage cared so much about little things until he was planning our wedding. He wanted it to be big and kind of dreamlike. I’m usually patient with Sage but I had lost it that time and told him that I would show up to marry him but to leave me out of everything else. I regretted it the minute I said it but I was starting to lose the Sage I knew and was madly in love with to all these details of the wedding when what I really wanted was to marry him and I didn’t care if we did it in our bedroom with an ordained minister or some shit. I had never seen that side of him before it was stressful and scary.

After I had said the messed up thing about our wedding, he locked himself in my office (that now had all the wedding stuff) and wouldn’t come out. I had hurt his feelings and no matter how much I said I was sorry he wouldn’t say anything and he wouldn’t get out either. He came into our room just as I was getting ready for bed after giving up on getting him to talk to me. I had sat next to him and he had rested his head on my shoulder. We both apologized at the same time and that’s when he told me he didn’t want a “big” wedding. That he wanted it to be, us, Jago, a friend of his from work, Rayland, that I had gotten to know a lot more. Rayland is the guy that was checking Sage out when I went to pick him up for our weekend date. He’s actually a cool dude and I didn’t feel threatened by him.

         And to add to the guess list, Sage’s Papa, my dad and his new girlfriend. I’m so happy he finally found someone and I think this woman is good for him. He doesn’t get away with anything, his money isn’t worth shit when it comes to her and the best part is she makes him nervous and that’s how I knew she would be the last woman in his life.  You see, my dad is confident, headstrong, don’t get distracted easily, and a woman could be flirting with him endlessly and he wouldn’t even bat a lash and that’s how I knew Cara was it for him. She’s a no bullshit kind of girl and that’s exactly what he wanted.

            Oh, Francesca. She was invited to the wedding also and she brought Steven as her date. It turned out that Elliot had her wrapped around his evil fingers. They had gone from foster home to foster home and when Elliot turned 18 he adopted so she wouldn’t have to suffer anymore and for that she was forever grateful and he used that to guilt her into making her do whatever he wanted. Turned out she couldn’t take it anymore—that and the fact that Steven was going to leave her.

            So that was the guest list for our wedding. The six closet people in our life. There were two icing on the cake that brought happy tears to Sage’s eyes. The better of the two was that I had asked his grandfather to get ordained so that he could marry us. I knew that would mean a lot to Sage and it did. The second icing on the cake would that I had jogged down the isle and walked with him. It was not traditional but since his grandfather was the ordained minister he had no one to walk with him. To be honest, I’m glad he didn’t, I wasn’t too fond of him walking down the isle to me. We were equal in our relationship and one of us wasn’t less of a man than the other. But Sage was Sage so he insisted on it.