Chapter Twenty Seven

Hello my little monsters. I hope you guys will be happy. 

This is dedicated to Zaynela. You're awesome and I hope we can be friends :)

          “You have to eat something,” Jago was saying. “You’ve been in bed for two days, you haven’t eaten, changed your clothes, or showered…” I didn’t say anything. I just continued to lay on my stomach with my eyes closed as I’ve been doing these past couple days while drifting in and out of sleep. “Please eat something”

            “I’m not hungry.” I felt movement next to me and I opened my eyes to see Jago lying down next to me. He looked so worried as he stared at me.

            “Do you want to eat ice cream and get in our pajamas and talk about it?”

            “Just because I was a relationship with a guy doesn’t mean I’ve turned into some chick,” I snapped.

            “Asshole, I was joking,” he said calmly. He wasn’t the least bit upset.

            “I know, sorry.” That’s how he is, always trying to be cheery and trying to make people feel better. Nothing could make me feel better right now.

            “Please eat something,” he begged.

            “Why haven’t you been to work?”  I asked changing the subject. For the two and a half days I’ve been here I’ve heard him moving around, talking on the phone and he’s been checking in on me constantly.

            “A friend needed me so I took some time off,” he mumbled like it’s something a person does everyday.

            “I’m not a baby that needs looking after,” I retorted. I turned my head so I didn’t have to look at him anymore. I felt his head on my back and I groaned internally. If I don’t do what he want he’s going to annoy the shit out of me until he gets what he want.

            “I know you’re not a baby, Liam! You’re like a brother to me and you’d have dropped everything—no you have dropped everything to be there for me in the past and even if your ninety-seven years old and you want me to change your old man diapers for you, I will in a heartbeat.” Fucking idiot, I thought before I started laughing. My laugh sounded like a snort and because of that we both started laughing. “Please eat,” he begged again as we settled. I shook my head no. He removed his head from my back and I thought he was going to give up then I felt him jumping on the bed chanting, “Eat! Eat! Eat!” Groaning, I grabbed the pillow and put it over my head. He stopped. He actually stopped. I remove the pillow to see him pouting at me. Asshole. “If you don’t eat I’m going to call my mom and tell her you and your boyfriend broke up and you won’t get out of bed and you haven’t eaten in two days. You know how she gets about eating, she’s fucking Italian!” Fuck.

            “I’ll get up Sage—Jago. Fuck, sorry,” I took a deep breath. “I’ll shower then come down”

            “It’s okay. Take your time.” He hugged me but it was a bit awkward since I was lying down and his arms couldn’t go around me.

            After Jago left I grabbed a change of clothes and went to take a shower. I’ve tried to hard not to think about Sage but how could I not? Being with him was the happiest I’ve ever been in my life. I saw myself with not just for the present day or the day after that but everyday after that. I wanted us to grow old together, to have two kids by surrogate and to adopt too more. I wanted us to buy a bigger house so that we would have had more than enough space for our kids. I wanted our master bedroom to have a huge closet to fit all his clothes. I just wanted to be with him.