Chapter Fourteen

Hellooo! :) Enjoy. Thanks my new fans and thanks to my awesome readers. I really appreciate your support.

            When we were about thirty minutes from our holiday house where I was taking Sage he woke up. I grinned looking at him rubbing the sleep from his eyes but not taking my eyes of the road for too long.  

            “Where are we?” He asked his voice still heavy with sleep. It was dark by now and he wouldn’t be able to tell by looking out the window.

            “You’ll see.” He sighed and I gave him a bottle of water from the center console.

            “Thanks.” I nodded and focus on the road. When Sage wakes up depending on his mood he won’t talk for a long time, which I find really adorable. I either have to talk to him for him to speak, send him in the shower or give him a nice hot cup of peppermint tea—yes, tea.

            “How long have we been on the road?” He asked after about ten minutes of comfortable silence.

            “A little over two hours. We’re almost there though”

            “I’m horrible company. I’m sorry, I didn’t get much sleep last night and I crashed”

            “Don’t worry about it, Kiddo. You’re playlist was playing and it gave me the comfort as if you were speaking to me,” I flashed him a smile and turn my attention back to the road.

            “I won’t sleep next time, I promise.” I chuckled at that and exit the main road. Once I got the gate I had to get out the car to use the set of keys to open the glass casing, then I had to put in the code to open the gate and use the keys to lock the case back.

            “It’s cold as hell” I commented.

            “Hell is hot,” Sage retorted flatly.

            “You’re lucky you’re cute,” I told him truthfully.

            “Awe, you think I’m cute?” Is he trying to tease me?

            “I think you’re gorgeous.”  He didn’t say anything and I know he was blushing. I wish I could see.

            The driveway seems to go on forever with the landscape path lightings casting a beautiful blue glow on bricked pavement. I parked the car at the front of the house next to the water fountain that is currently turned off being that it is winter. We both got out the car and I went to the trunk chuckling as he admired the house. When I got the duffle bags out of the trunk I went up to Sage who, by the way has his mouth open gawking at the house.  I licked his lip chuckling and motion for him to follow me and he did bending down to take one of the bags from my hand.

            “You didn’t tell me you were taking me to never land!” exclaimed Sage.

            “You’re exaggerating,” I chuckled. The house isn’t even that big.

            “Just a little,” he admitted and I followed him up the steps, he stepped aside so I could open the door and I couldn’t resist the urge to glance at him and smile. Pushing the door forward I stepped back so he could enter first. “Wow,” he mumbled in awe looking around. “This place is…” he trailed off not knowing what to say.

            “Let me show you around,” I offered. I showed him to second biggest room in the house would be our room for the time being. The master belongs to my old man. We put our things in the room and Sage was shocked that I packed some of his clothes and I finally had to confess to him that he left clothes at my house but I just wanted him wearing mine. According to him all I had to do was ask.