Chapter Nineteen

Hello my dear friend! I'm dedicating this to you because you're awesome, funny, perverted and a great supporter and I love your feedbacks!!!

Through Sage’s eyes

            It’s not easy watching your love one be carried out of a room on a stretcher with a white sheet over their face. You feel numb and in so much shock it’s hard to react. It’s unreal and it makes you question everything you’re seeing. That’s exactly the vibe I get watching this woman as she watched them wheel her husband out of his room. She watched with wide eyes and it’s hard to read her expression. She seems so lost and in a state of disbelief. I feel for her because there’s a strong possibility that I can be going through the same thing any moment.

            The negative thoughts can’t leave me mind. Can you blame me with everything I’ve been through? Good things don’t really happen to me and when they do they never last.

            Please let him be okay. Please let him be okay. I’ll die if I lose him.

            These fucking cops.  Don’t they understand boundaries or timing? The love of my life is fighting to survive and they’re asking me question after question. I get that someone did this to him but I’ll worry about that when he’s awake. I’ll worry about that when he’s calling my phone to make sexual jokes, when he’s back to his old teasing, loving, horny, make Sage blush self.

            I was so tempted to take the guys gun and shoot him in the head with it. Which part of I don’t fucking know is so hard to understand? I wasn’t there. I don’t know what happened and I don’t know who did that to him. I wasn’t speaking Spanish, Japanese, or French it’s not that fucking hard!

            Patience, something I don’t possess much of. My impatience is now magnified as I wait here to hear that the one I love is going to be all right. Will is the best thing that ever happened to me. He’s the most honest man I’ve ever met. He’s honest with his feelings as soon as he figures them out. He wears his emotions on a sleeve and he doesn’t hide anything.

            One thing I adore most about Will is that he doesn’t stereotype himself. He cries, he’s emotional, he expresses him anyway he wants and doesn’t care what anyone thought about him.

            The same time I feel lucky I can’t help but feel unlucky. Plain ole me met this beautiful amazing guy, fell unconditionally in love with him only to have this happen. Why does life have to be so cruel to me?

            These fucking doctors and nurses. They won’t tell me much because I’m not family. I know he’s in surgery but that’s all they’ll tell me. He had to do surgery because the knife broke close to his heart.

            “Fuck!” I screamed kicking the chair in front of me in the waiting room.

            “William Cartwright…” All I heard was his name and that had me turning around.

            “Mr. Cartwright,” I said walking up to the older man. I’ve never met him or spoken to him before. I had searched for his number in Will’s phone when I was in the ambulance. It took him awhile to get here because he was out of the country.

            “Sage?” He asked. His voice sounded shaky and his eyes were extremely red, I assume from crying. It’s not hard to guess that my eyes and body language mirrored his. I nod my head and I felt the warm liquid streaming down my face. “They won’t tell me anything,” I cried lifting up my hand and have it fall at my sides. “All they’re telling me is that he’s in surgery…he’s going to be okay though, he has to be…”