Chapter Twenty Four

Why are you looking at me like that? I did say I was going to give one or two updates :)

            “Can I have the keys and code to your apartment?” I asked Sage as we were in our closet getting dressed for the day. He had his pants around his waist with the zipper and button undone. He turned to look at me while buttoning his blue shirt with a darker blue tie hanging around his neck.

            “Not to be rude but what for?”

            “You’re currently putting on the last clean suit you have here, I thought I’d pick some clothes up to keep you until we move the rest of your things here.” I explained as I moved his hand and began tying his tie for him.

            “Oh, I’ll get it on my way home. You don’t have to do that”

            “Sage, I know…” I sighed before I said something completely uncalled for.

            “Sorry,” he mumbled, probably sensing my annoyance.

            “It’s okay. Why don’t we come to an agreement?” I suggested hopefully. He nodded his head giving me his okay. “I’ll grab some clothes for you, and…and…you can…uh…you can…” fuck!

            “You can’t even think of anything,” he mumbled.

            Think Liam, think. “Groceries!” I yelled with a snap of my finger.

            “That’s fine, I guess. Do you have to make me into such a woman?”

            I smirked and grabbed his crotch, squeezing gently. Sage choked up a moan. Leaning forward, I swirl my tongue around his earlobe and he groaned. “You’re all man, baby,” I whispered seductively in his ear. He shivered and pushed me away from him.

            “You. Are. So annoying,” he stressed and I laughed.

            “Do you want to go out and have breakfast with your “annoying” boyfriend?”

            “I don’t know. Let me check and see if I can fit you in my schedule…” As soon as the words left his lips I pounced on him, my hands around his waist and his back against my chest as I nibble on his neck sloppily. “That tickles!” He cried, scrunching up his shoulders to hide his neck. “Stop,” He cried in his baby voice, giggling a bit. So freaking cute, I thought. I let him go and gave him a wet sloppy kiss on his cheek. He frowned and wiped at his face repeatedly while I grinned the entire time.

            Standing in front of my many shelves of shoes, I look at what I’m wearing then back to the shelves. I shrugged and grabbed a pair of red and black sneakers.

            “I don’t know why I like seeing you barefooted,” Sage said.  I looked at my feet then back to him and smiled.

            “Really?”

            “Yea…I don’t know. I just find it really sexy.” His cheeks reddened as soon as the words left his mouth. I didn’t want to embarrass him further so I smiled at him once more.

            “I’ll keep that in mind.”

            Soon we were dressed and heading to a diner downtown in separate cars. We were at a stoplight when Sage pulled up next to me and rolled the window down on the passenger’s side. Thinking he wanted to tell me something I rolled my window down too. Instead of his voice, I heard a song playing loudly.