13| I wasn't going to murder you.

You just put your arms around me
and I'm home.

Adalynn's POV

I wake up feeling happy and freeze. Ashton and I are into each other. I can't believe he told you he was interested. I know!

I happily walk down the stairs and see my parents making breakfast. My mom glances at me and says, "There was a package outside addressed to you. I put it at the front of the door."

I smile and say, "Thanks!" Maybe it's a late birthday present?

I grab the box and start to cut it open. I hope it's something cool! The package was hefty.

I lift the box flaps, and what's inside causes me to yelp and drop it. There are two giant dead spiders, shit, blood, a note, and a picture of Ashton and me with red Xs on our faces. What the fuck?

"Adalynn?" My mom shouts, with a gun pointed in my direction. She spots what's inside the box, and her eyes go wide. "Anthony!" She shouts.

My dad comes rushing in with a gun and looks at us. He sees the box and goes to check what's inside.

I walk toward my mom and say, "There's a note in the box."

My mom wraps her arms around me and says, "I'm not touching that box."

My dad grabs a lighter and opens the door. What is he doing? He picks up the box and goes outside.

He's about to burn the box when my mom says, "Wait, Adalynn said there's a note in there."

He casually takes the paper out without being scared of the spiders. I could never. My dad throws the rest of the contents into the garbage, and he comes back inside.

You didn't heed our warning bitch.
-E

"Were you warned again prior to this?" My dad asks.

"Ashton and I were. But we're still working on who is behind all of it." I say, thinking. Not many people in our gang know where we live. That narrows it down.

I look at the time and murmur, "Shit!" I'm going to be late if I don't start moving. I sprint up the stairs to get ready. School hasn't even started, and I'm so tired.

Outfit:

I try to say bye to my parents, but can't find them anywhere

I try to say bye to my parents, but can't find them anywhere. I just shrug and open the door to the garage.

I gasp and see my parents smiling at me. Then, I look at what's beside them. "Is that a Harley-Davidson Iron 1200...?"

My mom starts clapping and shouts, "Happy late birthday!"

I hug my parents and say, "Thank you so much!"