20| We'll deal with this asshole later.

There is always something
to be thankful for!

Ashton's POV

"This has to be it." Mrs. Ryder says.

"Ashton, thank you for keeping Adalynn's safety in mind. Without you, we might have never had another location to go off of." Mr. Ryder says.

"Let's just hope this isn't another diversion," I say, just wanting Lynn back in my arms.

While Mr. Ryder consoles his wife, I start getting ready. "This might be it." My dad says, patting my shoulder.

"You were right about having a mole. I went to use the computers at our base. It had the same glitch." My mom says. "I'll alert you guys if something changes."

We all travel in separate cars, and I immediately pass the speed limit to get to the destination. I just need to find Adalynn and hold her. None of this would have fucking happened if I had just met her at Target. What kind of boyfriend am I?

Freaking out doesn't help. You're right. I try to calm myself down and focus on the mission.

When we arrive at the building, we split up. I enter the second entrance with my gun in hand. No one's in the hallway, so I start opening doors.

"Ashton, someone's coming on your left." I hear my mom say through my earpiece. I hide inside a random room and stay quiet.

I look around and see someone lying on the floor. I slowly crept towards them, hoping it was Adalynn. I roll their body over and hold my breath. It's not her.

I examine her face and see how pale her body is. It looks like she was tortured to death. I swear if they lay a finger on Adalynn, I will murder them.

I check her pulse to see if she's still alive, only to realize she's been dead for a few days. I feel someone's presence behind me and turn to point my gun at them.

He tries to grab the gun, but before he can, I punch his side. He moves to tackle me, but I'm stronger and escape his hold. I grab his neck and twist it. When his body drops, I shoot his chest, just for good measure. I leave that room, making sure to close the door.

"Two more guys approaching." I hear through my earpiece.

I slightly panic when the next door handle I try is locked. But the room beside it wasn't, so I hid in that one. I glance around and see there's a computer set up. I try to see if there's any intel I can use, but it appears to be useless.

"Where are they now?" I whisper.

"They stopped in the middle of the hallway." She says.

I silently sigh and try to wait it out. A few moments later, I decided I couldn't wait any longer. I peek through the door's opening and see their backs facing me.

I shoot both of them in the head, and they flop onto the ground. Deciding to keep their bodies exposed, I continue my search for Adalynn.

I start to lose hope when all the doors I can open are empty, but I keep checking everything I can. "Ashton-" I hear my mom say before it becomes static.

I freeze and sense someone behind me. I turn around and see Tristian's pointing a gun at me. "Drop your weapon." He says in a low voice.

I don't listen and ask, "Where the hell is she?"

"You'll never get anything out of me." He says. "Now drop the weapon." He says.

I keep it pointed at him and say, "You know I won't do that."

He clenches his jaw in anger and is about to shoot. I shift forward to point his gun to the ceiling, and I punch his gut. He elbows my stomach while hunched over, and I take that opportunity to try and choke him.

I dig my gun into his cheek and demand, "Tell me where she is."

"She's already dead." He spits out.

I shoot his arm, and he shouts in pain. I keep my hold around his neck until he passes out, dragging him to a random room. We'll deal with this asshole later. I take his phone and weapon and continue searching.

I hear a gunshot upstairs and feel my heart drop. "Please tell me that's one of us," I mumble, hoping my earpiece works again.

<~~~~~~~~~~>

I hope you liked this chapter! 💫

Please vote and comment if you did! 💕

Byeeeeeeeeee! 👋