26| You distracted me.

He's annoying, he's hilarious,
he makes me yell, he drives me crazy,
he's out of his mind,
but he's everything I want.

Adalynn's POV

"We gathered you all here to play a little game and introduce you guys!" I say to my gang and Ashton's.

"I thought we were against these guys!" Someone yells.

"Well, we aren't anymore," I say, shrugging.

"Why are we doing this?" Someone shouts.

"We're determining which gang is better," Ashton says casually. Everyone starts to get excited, and I laugh.

"Don't let me down, guys," I say.

"If you let them win, I'm not refilling the fridge for a month," Ashton says. People start booing, and he chuckles.

"We have one more thing to address," Ashton says. I raise an eyebrow and turn to face him.

He doesn't look at me and says, "I'm here to tell all of you not to eyefuck my girlfriend or flirt with her."

I punch him in the arm and whisper, "Shut up. No one's doing that."

He looks me up and down and smirks. "I'm doing that right now." He says, winking. I try to punch him again, but he covers my fist with his hand.

"You actually have a boyfriend?" Someone asks, surprised.

"Sadly..." I say, sighing.

"Aww, I love you too," Ashton says, leaning down to kiss my forehead.

People start congratulating us, and I hide behind Ashton. Why are you being so awkward? Ashton laughs and wraps his arm around my waist.

He brings me back beside him and says, "We're playing capture the flag."

"The red flag is my team, and the green flag is Ashton's team," I say, pointing at the two opposite sides.

"You all will be given guns filled with paint. If you get hit, then you're out." Ashton says.

"Get to your team's side and make a plan. You'll hear a gunshot when the game begins." I say.

Before I separate from Ashton, I say, "Don't forget our bet."

"How could I? I get to have you do whatever I want..." He says.

"Only if you win, which you won't," I say, smirking.

I meet up with my team, and we divide into groups. "You guys guard, and the rest of us will try to go for the flag."

We hear a gunshot, and we all start moving through the woods. Halfway through, I decide to climb a tree. Better to survey the whole area.

I glance around for the flag on Ashton's side but can't find it. Shouldn't someone be guarding the flag?

I look to my side and see my team guarding the flag. Good job! But then I see someone in the outer area, trying to hide in the middle. How did they get there so fast? I guess no one's paying close attention to the sides since it just started.

I climb down the tree and silently run towards the person. I grab my gun, and I'm about to fire until I notice it's Ashton. What is he doing on your side, not getting the flag?

I look at him more closely and notice he's wearing the flag around his waist. That's technically not against the rules. I smirk and start walking toward him.

"Hey," I say, slightly waving my hand.

He turns around and says, "Lynn." He's looking at me suspiciously while I inch toward him.

I'm standing before him, and we still haven't gotten each other out. If I tackle him, he'll probably overpower whatever I do.

"Don't do that..." He says.

"What?" I ask innocently.

"Don't do whatever you're planning." He says, not even lifting his gun in my direction.

"I could just shoot you," I say, aiming my gun at his chest.

"Okay." He says, raising his hands in surrender.

"Well, that's no fun," I say with a fake pout.

"I'm not shooting my girlfriend. Ever." He states.

Knowing he still feels guilty about what happened, I drop my gun. "I'll wrestle you for it," I say.

"Deal." He says, lunging towards me.

He quickly knocks me down, but I lift my hip to flip us around. I saddle my thighs around his body and pin him down. The flag is tightly knotted around Ashton, and I groan with annoyance.

"I fucking hate knots," I whine while Ashton watches me with an amused expression.

"I know. No one else could get this close to me except you. I didn't think you'd be on top of me, though. That's usually my job." He says with a smirk.

I smack his chest and feel my cheeks flush. "You're going to lie down here while I untie it," I mumble, trying to loosen the knot.

"I'm not complaining." He says in a relaxed tone.

"Fuck you," I say, finally unraveling the knot.

Before I can pull it away from him, Ashton grabs my wrists. "You didn't think I'd let you run free with it, did you?" He asks with a cheeky grin.

I lean down to kiss him, and he loosens his grip. He cups my cheek, and I slowly pull the flag away from him. I gently separate us and say, "I love you, which is why I have to win."

I jump off his body and sprint toward my team's goal. I glance back and see him chasing after me. I hear people trying to shoot at me, but they keep missing. I returned to my team's safe zone but tripped on a large rock. I stop my fall with my hands and pant out of breath.

"Are you okay?" Ashton asks, panting. He looks for any bleeding and relaxes when he doesn't see anything. He gives me a worried look and asks, "Adalynn?"

I grin and cup his chin. "I'm okay," I say, trying to reassure him.

"Are you sure?" He asks, helping me up.

I nod and smile. "I won," I say.

He playfully glares at me and says, "You distracted me."

"Sounds like a personal problem," I say, shrugging with victory.

We gather everyone back in the middle, and Ashton sighs.  "The Red Claw won." He says.

My gang starts cheering, and I kiss Ashton. "You know I let you win..." He murmurs.

"Excuses, excuses," I say.

"Now, since Ashton will do whatever I say, he will buy us dinner!" I say to everyone.

People start cheering, and someone shouts, "Your girlfriend is cool!"

"Thank you!" I shout back.

Ashton ordered 30 boxes of pizza for everyone, and he also bought drinks. I cannot believe you think having pineapple on your pizza is okay. It's good, so shut up!

<~~~~~~~~~~>

I hope you liked this chapter! 😊

Byeeeeeeeeee! 👋