14| If it's with you, it's worth it.

Your hand looks heavy,
let me hold it for you.

Adalynn's POV

I get to school and head to my locker. Be on high alert with Ella and Mila, but don't make it obvious. Got it!

Mila meets me at my locker and asks, "Are we still up for tonight?"

"Totally!" I say, excited.

"Is it cool if I bring Tristian? Ella said it was okay, but I also wanted to check with you." Mila asks

"Ooooh... Yes. Are you guys dating?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows.

"Shut up." She says, punching my arm.

I laugh, and the first bell rings. Mila groans and says, "Got to go take a test I didn't study for."

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

I'm the last to arrive at the lunch table and say, "Hey, guys."

Ashton grins when I sit beside him, and I raise my eyebrow. "What-" Before I finish my question, Ella taps my arm.

I turn to her, and she asks, "Since Mila is taking Tristian, can I bring Zane?" Ella asks.

"The more, the merrier," I say, shrugging.

I turn to Ashton and ask, "How's your day been?"

"Better now that I can talk to you without a teacher interrupting us," Ashton says cheekily.

I bump my shoulder against his and laugh. "You annoyed Ms. Parker, the whole class."

"Not my fault! She assigned me to sit by such a beautiful girl. I can't help but talk to her." Ashton says, smirking.

I playfully roll my eyes and say, "You better be more subtle, though. She might move you and make me sit with a better-looking guy."

"You and I both know I'm the best-looking guy in the school," Ashton says cockily.

"Eh. No one else was interested in you, so you didn't have many options." I say.

"I'm a taken man. I wouldn't even notice if someone was trying to flirt with me. I only have my eyes on one person." Ashton says, shrugging.

"This person must be pretty awesome then," I say, letting my hair shield my face.

Ashton smiles and uses his free hand to tuck my hair behind my ear. "She's a total badass." He says quietly.

Ashton and I notice the table goes silent, and we glance at them. "Why are you all staring at us?" Ashton asks.

"You guys seem extra close," Tristian says, shocked.

"I could say the same for all of you," I answer.

"But we're focused on you two right now," Mila adds.

"I'd say we're interested in each other," Ashton says calmly.

Ella squeals with excitement and says, "Adalynn! You haven't been keeping me updated!"