Angels and Love Signs

Song :: More Than This By One Direction ❤️

Chapter 7

*Jake's POV*

I see him. When I was really young, like 5 I saved Lissa and she kissed me. But when we stopped being friends at age 7, I got bullied until I had that angel back in my life to save me, which was when I was 17. I always saw her and we said hi, but it wasn't more then that.

That's when Marcus (sorry, I love divergent), bullied me. That caused me to be a bad ass guys that every girl swooned over. Which only got me more bullied.

But then she came back to me. My Angel.

"What are you going to do about it?" His voice rings through my head before I know what what's happening, I see my saving Angel on the ground, on her knees crying, and scared to death. The knife Marcus holds is at her throat.

I try to run to her, but it's like two people are holding me back. I can't get to her, I can't save her from this terrible man who despised everything I had, wanted, and was.

Then he does the worst thing possible, He slits her throat. She gasps then collapses.

I am down on my knees as everything goes white.

*Lissa's POV*

I am sitting at my kitchen table, waiting for him to wake up or say something out loud. My leg bounces on the chair I'm on.

Then I hear him scream "No!" and, "Get away from her!"

It scares me as I run into my room, only to find him thrashing in my bed. It's like 3 am.

"Jake!" I scream at him, a tear leaves my eye and travels down my cheek. He continues to thrash.

"Jake please wake up!" I scream at him again.

"Lissa?" he asks like a scared lost kid as his eyes shoot open and he looks at me, his rapid breathing scares the shit out of me even though he is awake.

"Lissa." He says as he sits up and wraps his arms around my waist as I put my around his neck.

"Jake, what happened?" I ask him, crying onto his bare skin, I know that he likes to just sleep in boxers I my dad and grandpa undressed him beefier putting him in the bed.

"I thought I lost you." He says as his tight grip gets even tighter.

"Shhh..." I say, running my fingers through his hair, which makes him relax immediately. "I'm not going anywhere."

He breathes out a shaky breath, and it's hot on the nape of my neck. I find the gesture quiet calm myself.

"Will you lay with me?" He asks me. Im glad that I was already in Pjs.

I nod my head as I turn the light off, and lay down. I know I should be yelling at him for hitting Noah, but right now I feel bad for him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask as the covers fall on my body. The sheets are cold, but the heat radiating off of him is intense.

"Can we talk about it tomorrow?" He asks me, his voice cracks and I can tell he is in a vulnerable state right now.

I nod my head again, laying down next to him seems to relax us both. I look at him, and then I sit up, I can tell he asleep. I look at his ink covered chest, it's memorizing. I trace some letters on his chest that are in cursive.

There is an "L" on it which confuses me, but I'll ask him tomorrow. I look up at beautiful sleeping features, which seem so perfect and amazing, and I wonder why he acts like he does.