11. Realizing Love

BLAKE POV.
When Kara can back she automatically ran up stairs.

"I'm going to check on her." I implied interrupting the silence. The others nodded to my suggestion so I followed her up the stairs.

I suddenly heard a slammed door when I stepped on the 5th stair step. I walked up to Colby's room because for some reason that's her favorite rooms in this house.

"Kara?" I knocked on his door then quickly Kara opened it. "What?" She said with a straight face and sternly.

"Wanna talk?" I asked seeing the terrified pair of eyes she gave me. "No." She said shutting the door right in front of me.

I sighed in defeat but then I opened the unlocked door. "You talking to me. I'm your best friend. Please?" I asked sitting right next to her on Colbys bed.

She didn't reply but she then brought her hands up from her thighs then looked down. I heard a faint sigh from her.

"Please?" Still no reply so I tried comforting her by wrapping my arm around her shoulder and neck. "Kara." I wanted her to talk but still no answer.

"Who do you want to talk to?" I asked. She sighed again taking a deep breath. "No one." She said leaning on my shoulder. I wanted to know what happened.

I really wanted to use what I got from the crash. If you didn't know I had some power from the crash. I try reading her mind before but I'm not sure if it hurts her or if she knows but every time I try reading she somehow forced me out of her head. That's why she kept running to the bathroom. She can feel it but when I read the other guys minds they don't run away like she does.

We just sat together staring at the colorful sticky noted wall. I tried entering her mind. I actually made it but she then reacted.

"Stop." She sent me. "Do you know who's doing this?" I asked. "No but get out of my freaking head." She said.

She started covering her face with her hands. She pushed me out of her head. I got nothing. She seems different if she knows someone is in her head.

"Ok. Calm down. What's wrong?" She brought her knees up to her chest but then slowly brought them back down. "Something ok." She reacted to me entering her mind. I could read my friends minds and it's crazy but I can't enter hers and it's just confusing.

"I'm going to go. I hope you feel better and remember I'm here when you want to talk." I patted her back then left the room.

I walked downstairs to meet back up with the guys. "So, anything?" I shook my head no then sat next to Sam. "Ok. I hate seeing her like this. I'm going to try." Colby stood up from the couch. I searched his mind.

He wants to help and talk to her, but there's something else that I can't wrap my finger around. As he walked up the stairs I then searched Sam's mind.

He wants answers but also same thing I found in Colby's mind that I can't wrap around.

I just wish she would talk to me because shes my best friend that we don't keep secrets.

COLBY POV.
I knocked on my door. She wasn't answering so I just opened it and walked in.

"Hey don't cry." I comforted her by leaning her head on my shoulder and wrapping my arm around her neck.

"You don't have to worry I'm here." She slowed her crying and sipped a few tears away. "I'm not here to force you to say anything. I'm here to stop you crying b-Because I hate seeing you this way." I said with sympathy. I patted  her shoulder here and there.

"I understand that you might not want to talk but I respect your decision and I'm here to talk." I said but then she stopped crying.

She sighed taking a deep breath. "Alright." She finally said something. I was smiling cause I was happy she actually talked to me.

"I felt something inside of me to leave to my brothers house. So I went to his house and...uh... I found him on the um ground and" she sighed then continued. "And he was hurt." I saw a slow tear run down the side of her cheek.

"How was he hurt? Well sorry I should-"

"There was cuts on his wrists. He was 'suicidal'." She quoted the word suicidal with her hands. I felt something inside. Listening to her made me feel sad but also trusted.

"Kara. I'm sorry." I pulled her into a hug. As I hugged her close I felt her arms wrap around my upper back.

"But it wasn't him." She said causing me to pull out and give a confused look. "What do you mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"He said someone inside his mind told him insults like to kill himself. The worst one he told me was that the person would stop if he cut himself. But he wouldn't until inside was forcing him." She explained. I was so confused but I just went with it.

"Wait. How did he tell you anything if he wasn't conscious?" I asked looking away from her piercing eyes. "Oh uh. He was breathing so I tried waking him up by shak8ng him up and he only told me little so now he is fine with his girlfriend." She replied back.

I automatically new she was lying cause she stuttered but I went along with it. Her brother cutting himself is enough pressure on her.

"Thank you." She pulled me closer to her to hug her. I felt the warmth in my heart and the good and happy feeling. "What for?" I asked keeping the hug till she broke away.

"For caring and for being here." I felt something inside like ...love. I couldn't really explain it but something inside too me you love her. She is all you care about. She is the one.

I couldn't process the thought. "Don't tell anyone I told you this got it?" She points in my face with her serious cold voice speaking. I nodded with a smirk then left the room with her by my side.

"So how was the talk?" Blake asked laughing slightly. "Oh she didn't want to talk. She came down to drink some water and to cool off. Now that's all she told me." I replied feeling something sharp inside my head like someone was watching me. None of them were looking at me but something sharp hit me.

I ran into the bathroom. "Stop, stop!" I shouted in my mind and kinda aloud. I covered the sides of muly head with my hands closing my eyes. "out!" I yelled then it left.

"Thank god." I said looking at me in the mirror. I turned on the faucet, cold water, and rubbed my face with the refreshing water.

I grabbed a towel that was hanging next to the sink and dabbed my face to dry. I walked out of the bathroom and over to the guys.

"Dude? What happened? Your acting like Kara now. Strange." Jake said rubbing his chin with his index finger. I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Something in my head hurt." I explained just standing.

BLAKE POV.
Seeing Colby's reaction to me trying to read his mind made me think. He reacted just like kara.

That's when I knew he could feel it too.