Ch 13

A/n: Man this is, what, the fifth part on her (your) birthday (sort of)? Sorry I didn't think it would last this long. Last one, promise. And we are finally into the teens fo chapters! Enjoy!

"Mmmm hhhmmmm!" Kama hummed. A/n: honestly that makes my eyes hurt, so many M s. She fluttered her eyes at me again about my weird reaction to Trenton as of Friday.

"Honestly aren't you supposed to be wise? It was just a weird glitch. Goodness." I shook my head at her, annoyed by her teasing.

"I am wise, that's why I'm going to stop pestering you about it, but still the glitch happened for a reason." She smiled, "admit it! You think he is attractive!"

I deadpanned at her, "I don't think he is, I know he is. That doesn't mean I'm attracted TO him." I wasn't lying, I was being completely serious and honest. He is an amazing friend, and I think a genius in physics.

She was about to speak again when I cut her off, "come on. Tuck in, I have to go to school." I wasn't going to deal with this on a Monday. I have to get going as of now or else I will be late.

She quickly dove into the folds of my sweatshirt, and I walked off to school saying 'bye' and 'love you!' to my mom on the way out.

It was really a normal day at school. Nothing overly exciting happened other than Kim had a pink streak in his hair which was probably the result of a failed competition courtacy of Alix, so I didn't even bother to ask. His embarrassment and her smug face was enough.

After school I headed to Trenton and my tree to meet up with him. I have been getting there before him for a while and today was no different. I began to get my stuff out and was just about to get started when he eventually showed up; later than usual.

"Why hello there slow poke," I smirked, glancing from my book to him. I was glad to officially find that Friday was a fluke, a glitch. We were just friends with homework problems.

"Sorry, there was a bit more people today on the street." He looked at me, "hard to get through."

We got started and as usual we didn't hit much trouble together in the problems assigned to us. He had just helped me with me last problem when we both started to pack up again.

"Hey (y/n),"

I looked from my bag to him, "yeah?"

He was holding a bag on his lap, the same one he was holding on Friday. "Ummm... A.. Happy Birthday."

He handed it to me, and I noticed it now had a bow on it. I looked from the bag, to him, to the bag again. I gave him a facinated, puzzled expression, "really?!?"

"Yeah of course."

I opened it, feeling guilty that I don't get him anything for his birthday. I mean I didn't know, but still. I looked inside and there was... My breath hitched a bit... A mound of chocolate...

I think I've decided that any boy could make a place in my heart for him if he gives me chocolate... Is it a problem? Probably. Am I willing to deal with it? Most definitely.

There was also a little fidget toy that I immediately started to fidget with subconsciously. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"You... Um, you always fiddle with your pencil or your bracelet when you get frustrated or something, so I thought you could keep this in your pocket... If you don't want it it's fine." He kind of sputtered out, like it now seemed like a stupid idea.

"No, I like it," I reassured him, "I was wondering what gave you the idea. And I'm glad it wasn't a spinner..." I shook my head slightly, "those things are annoying."

We laughed for a bit before I thanked him thoroughly and we said good bye.

I messed around with the toy in hand while I walked home, munching on a chocolate it two.