Ch 42

"So what now?" I glanced around the room at the assembly we had.

Adrien paused the TV and turned to Marinette who had pulled up a  bean bag chair.

"For tonight, or..." She trailed off looking for the right way to describe the shock of all the stuff tonight.

I knew what she meant and saved her from finding them, "either or."

"Well, let's figure out how to take care of you first and then we can talk about, about the future." She sighed and put her face in her hands.

Before either one of us could put out any suggestions she let out a sob. I was about to jump up to comfort her when she beat me to it. Tikki floated behind her when she came and knelt on the ground in front of me. She took my face in her hands, not bothering with the few tears running down her cheeks.

She stayed there speechless, her face level with mine. When she did speak it came out in bursts like she didn't have a complete reason of thought. A lot of 'how's and 'why's and many more 'oh my gosh's. She eventually stopped and just said, "oh (y/n)."

I felt my own eyes prick with tears. I don't think the reality good what happened really hit me until that moment. Just a wave of different signals were coming at me and my mind and body didn't know what to do with it all. As a result I sat there and cried, with my friends, their arms around me.

When we calmed down they asked me for the story. It seemed incredibly short, and I stumbled over my reasonings, but I think it went well.

By now it was especially late and it was a fine a time to go home. Marinette was covered, we were in Adrien's house, not how 'bout me...

"You should stay here, try not to move around to much. It'll be better," Adrien tried. He objected to my standing and preparing to go.

"No, Adrien. I appreciate it but I should really go home," I gave him a weak smile, "and besides, how will we explain me being here all night?"

A blush ride on his face, but he didn't react to it, "you and always the explaining. Take a chance for once and don't take any chances."

"That's what I'm doing, Kama stole some of your food, so she's so charged up, I'll be fine."

"Fine"

Marinette cut in, "will you two stop it?" She said it playfully, but turned to he with concern, "take care, see you later." She took off to her place as Ladybug.

I let out a sigh and prepared to transform. I was so tired. I just wanted to sleep for all eternity. Adrien seemed to sense something if the sort and supported me my the arm while I said the phrase.

I stood there in my suit, still leaving on his arm. I glanced down to my side to see the slight bump of my bandage, but the holes were gone.

Opening my rabbit hole to my room seemed even more exhausting than transforming. Adrien walked me through and sat me down on my bed.

"You can de-transform now," he said as he stood in front of me.

"But the portal will close and then you'll have to vault home..." I let out a yawn, holding one side of my head gently.

"I said, de-transform," he took me hand and nodded at me.

To tired to argue, I obeyed his wishes and the portal closed. My head began to pound harder and I let out a groan in response.

"Are you okay?" Adrien rushed to check on me.

"Yeah yeah," I waved him off with a flop of my hand, "just a head ache. I'll get some drugs in me." I rose from my bed to grab some, but he sat me back down without any objection from me.

He already knew where my bathroom was and he left to see if there was some in there. He came back a minute later with three ibuprofen in his hand.

I quickly swallowed them and lied down on my bed. Adrien lifted my head and set it on his lap, then he started to soothingly play with my hair.

I cracked my eye open and saw Kama and Plagg talking in one corner with Adrien looking down at me. He had a tranquil look of calm as he stroked my hair, like nothing remotely scarring had ever taken place. I felt bad, they've done so much for me, but I still make them do more.

"I'm sorry," it came out like a whisper, like I hadn't spoken in weeks. They were the only words that came to mind for what I wanted to express.

He froze. The tranquil gaze turned almost hard, "what do you have to be sorry for?"

"... Everything" we sat in silence and I felt my eyes go moist, but not enough to shed. I'm just a mess, a mess that everyone takes care of.

His stare went stone-like as he sat me up slowly. I went cross-legged on my bed so I could look him in the eye. He held my face and brushed the few tears that escaped away from my cheeks.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." His voice was firm, but he softened to a smile, "We're just glad you're okay, I'm glad that you're okay..."

Another moment passed before he quickly kissed the few tears left off my cheeks. I let out a giggle.

He stood up and I wiggled under the covers. Wrapping myself up I remembered what I was wearing  as a shirt.

"Oh, do you want me to change and give your shirt back?" I was about to get up when he stopped me. Again.

"Keep it, it looks good on you." He smiled and transformed into Chat Noir.

I blushed, but I was to tired to register.

We reached our hands out at the same time and he gave my hand a squeeze.

"Now you can call me anytime, but I don't want to hear you being up and awake anytime before noon tomorrow, okay?" He opened my window, but waited for me to answer.

I smiled and gave a small nod.

Then he was gone.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*Important help needed*

A/n: Finally finished this part! Whoo go me!

Anyway, I guess you've noticed that I have been updating regularly, which is a huge accomplishment for me.

I do need some help though, I've been running low on some non-essential plot ideas. I have plot points that I'm going to write, but I personally don't like stories that go from major plot point to major plot point.

I want to have some happy fun chapters in between, so send me some ideas that you would want to have in the story, and I'll see if I can make it work.

Thanks for reading!

Think about a vote or comment please?

Love ya! Have a good day!

~FablesRose