Ch 54

"Kama, Fluff my Cotton Tail!" I felt the material close around my fingers as I prepared for the challenge ahead.

I took a deep breath to regulate the adrenaline coursing through my veins. I glanced at the boy beside me, a slight twitch in his lip evident.

Noir caught my eye and with a nod said, "are we agreed?"

I only smiled.

"Okay, on three... One, two..."

"Three!"

We bounded off, I took the first opportunity to climb up to the roof tops. Noir stayed street-side for a good couple blocks afterwards before he joined me.

I ran, pumping my arms, almost skipping over all the chimneys and various obstacles. I turned my head to check on the figure behind me to see how close it was getting. I couldn't let him catch up to me, the stakes were high. Despite my efforts he was steadily gaining, I turned around and pumped my limbs harder without tripping on my face.

I could see the destination in sight, slowly coming closer and closer, each leap I took. Before I could reach it, however, a pole suddenly extended in front of me, causing me to swerve around it.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see a black form passing me, staff condensing again.

"Well, excuuUUusse meeEe, I'm pretty sure that's cheating mister!" I shouted up at him.

"I don't know what your talking about!" He laughed, "I'm just using my resources!"

"We agreed no weapons, no power-ups!"

"Yeah, do you see me vaulting?"

I grunted and fought to catch up.

"Come on you slow poke! I'm going to win!"

I smirked, two can play at that game. I took my boomerang and threw it so it would hit him right in the gut if he didn't do anything. But I acted too late it seemed

He tucked and did a somersault, as he got to his feet again he leapt from the edge of the roof onto the designated finish line. Me, one second behind.

"Success! Winner winner chicken dinner!" Noir was dancing around sillily, "I am officially the best person in our relationship." He took a superhero pose, fists on his hips, chest puffed out.

I put on an angry pout, "you cheated my good sir!"

"Aww, it's okay, you're a winner in my heart..." He placed his gloves hands on either side of my face and squished my cheeks, making my pout more pronounced. As he held it there we both started to laugh.

"Plagg, claws in"

We both detransformed and looked around us, Adrien had specified this roof top, and it was the tallest building on the horizon in this direction so it was easy to differentiate.

"So what do you have planned for this fine evening?" I asked in a high class voice.

"Well," Adrien took my hand and led my to the far side of the roof top, "I was thinking we could have a picnic together."

We rounded the corner to see a fluffy blanket laid out with a bunch of pillows. There were napkins and a covered platter in the middle, waiting for the big reveal. It looked so cute, sweet, and very comfortable.

As I widened my own horizon I noticed that the sun was beginning to set on the world's, with the Eiffel Tower in sight. It made for a spectacular view and made my heart melt.

"This is..."

"Cheesy?"

"Fantastic" I turned to him, he looked relieved, but still a bit sceptical so I continued, "it's amazing, stunning, magnificent..." I turned back to the view, and almost whispered, "breathtaking."