Ch 22

"Well I am going to go to bed," I told my mom and dad as I started heading up to my room. We had just watched Alice in Wonderland on Netflix.

"Ok hon, have a good night," dad replied.

I got up to my room and laid on my bed. I already had a my PJs on and I had school tomorrow. I turned to Kama who was on her little pillow and under her blanket of scrap fabric.

"Good night Kama."

"Good night (y/n)"

I drifted off to sleep slowly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Dream state]

I was walking down a crowded street and was frustrated with all the people. For some reason I was walking against the current alone. I bumped into someone hard and when I looked at him he was grinning widely.

Creepily wide.

He vanished and his smile hesitated before doing the same. Before I could react I had tripped into a hole. I fell for what felt a very long time, but it wasn't infinitely long as I hit the bottom.

I found myself running, panicked, scared. I heard a pounding, hammering in my head like a clock ticking down. Maybe it was my heart, maybe it was all the clocks that seemed to appear around me, but it was probably that giant card with a hammer and a bell in that tower up behind the giant hedge.

"OFF WITH HER HEAD!"

"NO!"
~~~~~~~~~~

*Dodado dodado do dodo*

I bolted upright in my bed to the sound of my alarm. I breathed deeply with Kama helping me and when I was calmed down enough I got ready for school.

I walked up the steps of the school trying to cover my fright with a small natural smile. I must have not done a very good job because Alya took one look at me and ran into a room.

She came back out with a bunch of the class members and a speaker.

"What are you guys-" I started to ask but was cut off by ABBA blaring from the speaker.

🎵Chiquitika tell me what's wrong🎵

🎵 You are enchained by your own sorrow🎵

I was bombarded with a flash mob directed at me. Some were more enthusiastic than others.

By the time the song was over I was a bit teary eyed and was officially cheered up. We shared a big group hug and headed off to class.

I wish I had gotten it on video.