Ch 27

"Mom! Dad! I'm going to the zoo!" I called from the front door.

"Okay! Be safe!" One of them called back, but I wasn't really paying attention.

I put one head phone in and started down the street. It was a pretty day with the sun out and a small breeze.

It didn't take long to get to the gates.

"What do we want to see first?" I asked to my shoulder.

"Otters are cute!" Kama answered.

"Yes they are!" I started walking in the directions of the water puppies, before she even finished her sentence.

After fawning over the adorableness that is otters. They were jumping and diving in the water. So CUTE!

We decided to go and see the big cats. On our way I saw Alya in a bush. She had an ear piece in and was talking quietly. When she was done I got her attention and communicated, 'who are you talking to?' in various hand motions.

She pointed to Marinette sitting next to Nino at table.

I nodded and then recalled the conversation I over heard with Nino being really awkward with Marinette. I mouthed, 'I'll go.'

She hardly acknowledged me as I walked away. I got close enough to them to hear Nino say, "I like yoooouu....r best friend Alya."

I then heard three very loud "WHAT?"s from different locations. All I could think was 'yes... It is finally happening.' I walked over to Adrien, who was also in a bush.

I kind of giggled at his sputtering into his own ear piece. He turned around and gave me an exasperated look and put a finger to his lips. He waved at me and then went back to coaching Nino.

"That is going to be interesting," I whispered.

"Yes it is, I can't wait!" Kama replied.

"But let's go see the lions first."

"Yeah!"

The lions were being lazy and napping, but they were so pretty in the sunlight. Suddenly a heard a voice at one of the other exhibits, while the Kings and queens were majestically sleeping.

"But come on Max! I can do it"

"That is not a good idea Kim."

I walked over to find Max and Kim arguing at the Panther cage.

"Max, what stupid thing does Kim want to do now?"

Max smiled at me before saying, "He is insistent on racing this panther. I have told him that it can run at sixty miles per hour, but he thinks he can beat it. And that he is better looking."

"But he can't compare to my panther!"

I noticed the zookeeper in the cage.

"Kim stop pestering the beast and it's handler. And for the record it's sleek persona is far superior to your facial features. Which will be scarred for life after they come in contact with it's claws after you keep up your fabulous work of pissing it off!"

His jaw dropped. Max smirked at my vocabulary for the occasion. The zookeeper smiled.

"Now if you will excuse me, I have to go destroy Jotunheim." And I walked out like a boss.

I whispered to Kama, "I've always wanted to use that phrase."

I heard Kim try to recover from my sweet burn with mocking the panther again. I think they left, but I was checking out the rest of the zoo.

Later I heard a fight going on and Ladybug say, "stay put and you'll be safe." I looked over and saw Nino and Alya in a cage together.

"Mmm yes, good job my Bug."

I proceed to hide in some bushes and then when that doesn't hide me well enough from the gorillas, I opt for maybe a top of a cage.

The monkeys find me. I go to quite a few different hiding spots but none of them work. I finally sit on top of the roof nearby. I'm not going home, I still have to see the penguins.

I watched Chat Noir and Ladybug fight the shape shifter dude. Honestly, I was jealous. I want to turn into an adorable otter and steal the hearts of all.

The villian almost got Kim. I almost didn't feel bad. "You kind of had it coming dude, but Ladybug and Chat will help fix you up."

"(Y/n)!"

*Shrug*

"Well it's not exactly a cage, but it will do."

Ladybug and Chat caught the dude, Animan? In a bus. It looked like they won again.

Then boom, hungry dino.

"Do da do do do, do da do do do."

"Quit singing Jurassic Park," Kama told me.

"Why?"

"It's not the time."

I kept singing it. I stopped short when Ladybug jumped into Dino's mouth.

"Come on Max, don't leave the rest of the Dino Squad behind. And don't eat Ladybug, it makes Chat sad. And I'm sad when he is sad. He is a cute little macaroon that tries to be liquor. Let him be happy."

"Your brain isn't working, is it (y/n)...?" Kama asked a little condescendingly.

"I thought that was eminent the whole day."

"Well..."

Suddenly Ladybug jacked up the rex's mouth and hopped out gracefully. She restored everything and they had a heart felt moment while I got down from the roof.

"Okay now you need some sleep," Kama demanded.

"No, now I need to see penguins and internet."