Ch 58

Time is a funny thing. Our bodies have an even funnier way to tell it. It felt like a million years ago when from when I was gliding over the rooftops, but at the same time I was tired enough for it to have happened a couple minutes previous. In reality was around 36 hours ago. The only way I could tell that time was passing at all was the constant tick of the clock on the wall. It seemed to reverberate in the empty house.

Everything seemed so empty, myself, the house, even the refrigerator had something lacking. To try and make up for it I paced around the house, then sat down and pretty much stared at a wall for a bit. Repeat. I tried to turn on the TV, or scroll online, but everything consisted of my grand appearance 36 hours ago. So I went through my routine: stand up, walk around my living room, bedroom, kitchen, open the fridge, close the fridge, sit down on the couch, turn on the TV, turn off the TV, open up every one of my games on my phone one by one and close them the same way.

My pitiful excuse for a day was fortunately interrupted by a knock on the door. I opened it to find my beautiful sunshine waiting for me. He had a smile on his face that proved contagious. He opened up his arms and I didn't hesitate to wrap my arms tightly around his torso.

He laughed and stumbled back a step or two before wrapping his own arms around me. It made me feel so safe, and if that was the only reason he came, to give me a hug and leave, my day would have been a shade lighter.

Instead of letting go however, he kept his arms around me and slowly walked into the entryway causing me to walk backwards with him. He kicked the door shut and continued to wobble with me in tow to the living room. He finally released me (not that I was complaining) to sit down on the couch.

He tucked me into his side, arm around me as I curled my legs up  beside me. We just sat there in perfect contentment when he began to stroke the hair next to my ear.

"How are you doing?"

I kept my eyes closed, "I'm doing better."

"Have you been sleeping? Recovering your strength?"

I finally opened my eyes and looked at him, his gaze was on me already. His hand stopped stroking awaiting my answer.

"Yeah, why?"

His gaze soften to concern, "you were exhausted when I last saw you, falling asleep on your feet almost. I was so worried. I really wanted to come yesterday, but I wasn't sure if you would be awake and my dad had my schedule stuffed full and," he sighed looking away. He dropped his hand from by my ear.

I watched intently as he squeezed his eyes shut, and I looked closely and could see his eyelashes coated in moisture. I quickly propped myself onto my knees and turned him to face me again. I held his face gently in my hands and rubbed my thumbs right underneath his eyes. It caught the water in his lashes and helped relax his face. I pecked his lips quickly.

"Hey, I'm okay now. Everything is  just fine. Remember when you said that to me?" I waited until  he opened his eyes to look at me before continuing. " You said everything was going to be just fine, and it is! I need you to believe it right now, okay?" I kept my eyes on his, searching as I'd get confirmation through them.

He took a moment before in a soft voice said, "yeah, okay." He wrapped his arms around me once more, one arm around my shoulders and the other cradled my head tightly into his shoulder.

We shifted positions when I got uncomfortable on my knees. I now sat next to him, legs draped over his thighs. When I got comfortable he gently tilted my head back, hand in my hair.

His lips were soft as they usually were, but they didn't reflect the hand in my hair. He usually stuck with soft kisses, light, and slow. Today he... Wasn't. While his hands were gentle, his lips seemed needy and firm.

Though it was unusual, I wasn't against the change in pace.

It was like through the kiss we were conveying more than what we were saying. His question and my answer asked this way expressed more than words ever could.

He kissed for reassurance, I was happy to give it to him. It soon turned to relief, we were both here in this moment, both okay.

We had to pull away for breath, and I kept my eyes closed. I focused on his hands tracing my shoulders down my sides to my waistband. I felt his breath on my face, his forehead on mine. His hands stayed on my hips before he gripped them enough to lift me all the way into his lap.

I let out a squeak that caused him to chuckle. He shifted so his back was in the corner of the couch. We continued to kiss and I found myself running my fingers in his soft locks.

His thumbs rubbed soft circles on my skin just beneath the hem of my shirt. One of them felt the ridges of my scar.

My fingers ran along his scalp slowly, thoroughly. Soon a hum resonated deep in his chest in a way that the only way to describe it would be a purr.

We eventually slowed to a stop and just sat there in each other's embrace. A knock came to the door, interrupting the silence.

I slid out of Adrien's arms to go get the door. He followed and wrapped an arm around my waist standing behind me when I opened it. There standing on the other side of the doorway was Marinette, holding a box of treats.

"(Y/n)! Adrien! How are you?" She asked with a concerned smile.

"We're great, come in," I opened the door wider and allowed her inside.

We talked for a while, had the whole 'are you okay after the other night?' conversation again, and snacked on the treats Mari brought.

We settled on starting a movie after a while. We stuck in (f/m) and settled in. Adrien sat along the couch, me between his legs. His arms were positioned around my waist, mine over top fiddling with his fingers.

About halfway into the picture there was but another knock on the door. Before I could slip out, Adrien hugged me tighter and stood up. He placed me on the couch in his place before dashing  off to get the door.

I of course followed anyway and watched as he stiffened when the door opened. I couldn't see who it was when I reached him. I placed a hand on his shoulder blade to show that I was there.

In response his arm bent and tucked me further and more securely behind him. I didn't understand why until I heard who was on the other side of him. A voice I used to hear frequently explain physics equations.

"Adrien, is (y/n) there? I need to speak with her."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey guys! Sorry for the wait, hope you enjoy! If you did, think about shooting a vote or comment my way?

Love you all, thanks for reading, have a fantastic week!

Love,
FablesRose