Ch 18

A/n: *trigger warning* "hey, if you are even a little bit naive then you'll loose it all reading this."
-- Tiffanythetot

So you have been warned...

😀

I jumped through the portal to find that I wasn't as close to the station as I had hoped. I didn't have time to move my doorway so I just ran the rest of the way. I looked at the time and saw that I was taking up too much time to my liking.

I reached the stairs to go down to the station. I could see the Eiffel Tower in the distance. It was really beautiful in the evening light, but I couldn't appreciate it with the pressure, panic, and worry that was crashed on to me within a matter of minutes.

I was only a couple of stairs down when I heard a noise that felt like a bullet wound to the chest.

An explosion.

We were too late.

I was too late.

There was a moment of silence before even more sounds erupted from the darkness. Screaming people were running up the stairs. The first few looked fine, but then they progressively got more injured. Blood was coming on their arms and faces. Some were being helped up the steps as they weren't walking properly.

The smell of burning flesh became worst as well. I pushed past the people, trying to get down. I was looking all over to see, just a glimpse of my nerdy sister. I was praying that I would get to see her Forest Floor colored eyes.

I helped where I could, but as briefly as possible. I had to get to the bottom. Had to make sure.

Very few were in the station. I didn't blame them. There was a distinct blast zone. One blackened body in the middle that I could only guess was the man I bumped into. The pile of bodies was sickening. I looked around until I saw a familiar jacket on the ground... Next to a brown haired girl... It looked like she was trying to stir.

I dashed to a corner to de-transform. This wasn't a task for Lapin Roos. If it was Tif, she needed (y/n).

I ran and slid next to the girl and it was in fact Tiffany. Her face was badly burned and there were wounds from who knows what was in that brief case. I sat her up enough to lie her head in my lap. I dared not move her for the worry of what I could break more.

She was bleeding profusely, but she smiled at me. She started to laugh, "Ah ha ha ha ha."

I was confused, "what are you doing?" I was exasperated, she could be dying.

"Do do, duh duh, do do-- I I I I I I"

I just stared at her.

"🎵 I'm going off the rails on the crazy train 🎵" she seemed so pleased with herself for coming up with that.

I had to laugh, it squoze a bit of moisture from my eyes but i quickly wiped it away.

"Oh (y/n) what are my last words going to be? They have to be cool." She looked so innocent, so... Child-like, it seemed she was asking for a superhero name. That pain in my chest surfaced again.

"Tiffamu, you don't have to worry about that. You have your whole life ahead of you to think of some," I stroked her hair and her face.

"You're no help, but lucky for me I thought of some," Her voice sounded weaker with every word she spoke. She said them all with such confidence, though. She sounded not of one dying girl, but of a woman writing a success speech.

I didn't know how to reply to her. I didn't need to though, as she continued.

"I'm happy (y/n). Really happy..." She sighed, but it turned into a wheeze. Her eyes started to droop.

"Come on Tiffany, let's stay awake so we can see the stars ok?" I tried to sound calm, but all I could think was if she fell asleep, she wouldn't wake again.

"No no (y/n)," she shed a tear, her green and brown eyes shining, and tried to weakly hug me. "I love you. And, Hello from the other side." She closed her eyes and her breathing became shallower.

I quickly started to slap-pat her cheek to get her to wake up. I couldn't lose her. Wouldn't. Her breathing slowed, then stopped. I felt her pulse and felt that also slow, then stop.

I moved her head to the floor and started to do chest compressions. I hoped I was doing them properly. I needed them to work. I worked for so long, checking for a pulse.

"Come on Tif, you have to wake up, you have to explain what you said to me... I don't understand..." I couldn't do it any longer. I sat down and cried.
It was gross, it was the disgusting slobber cry, but I didn't care... I just lost my sister. I tried to pull myself together, it only worked part-way. I was still bawling, but my mouth was shut, quiet, and dry.

I thought I heard a familiar voice behind me, but I was too numb to the rest of the world to really care. I heard a gasp beside me.

"Tif- I mean, and (y- um..." I saw Ladybug kneel down beside the body laid before me. She didn't say anything further.

"What was she to you?"

I looked up to see Chat place a hand on my shoulder.

I choked out, "my little sis."

We didn't say anything more to each other. There was nothing really left to say. We all knew what the others were thinking and they knew not to voice those thoughts.

But I think we all saw that day was that...

Sometimes just the average person is more scary than a villian.

Humans are the scariest monsters of all.