Ch 25

"Nine... Ten... *Ding ding* Knock out!"

Alya sighed and flopped on the couch, "how are you so good at this?"

I laughed and joined her, "lots of practice." I rolled my head to look at her, "it's my therapy."

"I guess that makes sense, although I don't understand it," Marinette said from the other side of Alya. "My therapy is sewing."

"But it is also the reason you need therapy," Alya argued.

She looked like she forced a smile, "yeah, the only reason..."

We got lemonade and continued to talk. After a bit there was a quiet minute. I had a thought.

"Marinette, why don't we have a match?" I got up and grabbed the Wii remote and nunchuck.

"Um, I don't know..."

"Come on, one match," I handed her the controller, "I'll go easy on you."

A devilish look crept into her eyes, "oh, you won't have to do that..."

And she was right. She didn't have the power that I did behind her punches, but she was quick. I was quick myself but she was so quick she snuck her hits in at just the right moment. We ended up tieing with the decision.

"Man, Marinette, you're pretty good at this."

"Thanks"

A really strange thought popped into my head suddenly.

"Whatcha thinking about?"

"I had a really weird thought."

"What is it?" Alya asked.

"Do... We all have permission to punch each other's boyfriends in the face...?"

They looked at me with blank expressions.

"Like I said, weird."

Alya was the first to answer, "yeah, BEST friends before BOYfriends."

Marinette shrugged, "yeah, I don't see why not."

"Not that we would need that, right?"

"But it's still there."

"Of course," we all said in unison.

"Now Marinette..." I commented.

"Yes?"

"Did you happen to bring any more macaroons...?"

"I always pack extra for you, (y/n)."

"CHYES!" I yell, sprinting for the kitchen. I sock surfed across the floor to the fridge. I opened the door and grabbed the box that Marinette came in with.

I walked back to the living room where I could hear Alya say to Mari, "I don't think I've ever seen her run that fast."

"Hey, I have to have good motivation"

They just laughed.

I waved the box in front of Mari and Alya, "want some? Going once, going twice? Nope, all mine." I grabbed one and popped it in my mouth.

For the rest of the afternoon we talked and we (I) gorged our(my)selfs in macaroons that I was sure I would regret in the coming days.

But the real question is 'do I regret it now?' and the answer is no. That means it's okay.

I did regret it... Very much so. I could hardly move for the rest of the weekend.

But still worth it... Better go box it off.