Ch 39

I stumbled through the portal and quickly closed it before he could do anything more.

Even after I closed the doorway I still felt the sound shuddering through me. Panic rised from my stomach climbing through my throat. I couldn't focus on anything. It's like my eyes didn't work, all my mind could process was the sound reverberating in my skull and thoughts of screaming. From a while ago. Something that I know I'll never forget.

The sound faded later than I wanted it to. When it did, it's like my mind finally focused on outer me, exiting itself from it's inner priority. I felt tears sliding down my face.

And I breathed again.

I braced myself against the structure that the rabbit hole took me to. Throwing my eyes around my surroundings to orient myself, I found the Paris skyline staring back at me.

I looked down to find my feet planted on tall building made from beams.

The Eiffel Tower.

Right where we are supposed to meet. I checked my side to find no blood coming through the suit. It closed up to cover the wounds.

I tried to slow my breathing and my heart rate. Still breathing rapidly I looked up to see Chat sitting on the other side of the platform. He must not have noticed me.

I twisted to look around and gave a slight gasp at the pain that erupted from my side.

Chat jumped up and was there right beside me in a moment, "hi, you made it."

I had my hand on my chest, he scared me, "Noir, don't do that. You scared the living daylights out of me!"

He smiled sheepishly at me, "sorry, is that what you gasped about?" The smile shifted to a smirk, "how can I scare the daylights out of you if it's not daylight? Night is the best time for frights."

I found laughing painful, but I tried to conceal it.

"How did you get up here anyway?" He walked back to his spot and sat down, me next to him.

"Portal, so I guess I'll be going first." I sighed at what that would mean. First to be revealed. First to be judged. First to be vulnerable.

"Yeah, if Ladybug would get here." He gave a sighing laugh.

I looked at the time on my boomerang, "Well she does have a knack for being right on time..."

A quiet thump sounded beside us.

I laughed quietly, "speak of the devil."

A shudder passed through me as another wave of alarm raised in my heart. It passed a lot quicker than previous.

"Are you cold?"

I turned to Chat with a blank expression, confused at what he meant at first, "Oh, yeah, I guess"

My bracelet began to beep signaling that I only had about a minute, estimating.

"So, are you going first Lapin?" Ladybug sat down beside me.

"Uh, yeah," I paused, looking at my hands, "you guys are going to have to give me a lift home. I used my rabbit hole already, and I think I forgot extra food for Kama." I figured we could share our kwami's name at this point.

"Sure thing."

I stood up and leaned against the railing looking across the flickering lights of Paris. My bracelet blinked it's last stripe signaling moments before detransformation.

I turned toward my friends, for I hope to call them as such and said, "Well,"

A flash of white and gold erupted around me, "What do you think?"

We sat there in silence for just a moment.

Both voices sounded at one time, "(Y/n)?"

"Sooo, we know each other?" I couldn't decide if that was a good it a bad thing. I didn't detect any disgust in their voices, but I could be very, very wrong.

Chat wrapped me up in a hug around my waist and squoze me tightly. I suppressed a groan of pain. He pulled away and I frightfully came aware of the shiny wet on his black leather sleeve. The same sleeve that came from my shot side.

"Plagg, claws in!" Chat stepped back and smiled as he was engulfed in a bright green light.

Suddenly a personage that I did not expect was standing before me.

Adrien Agreste.

The person who stayed up on the phone with me when I had a nightmare. Who said he'd be there for me if ever I needed it.

He even did it when we both had no idea.

I self consciously wrapped my arms around myself as I felt the blood spread across my dark colored shirt.

I then looked at Ladybug. She smiled sheepishly and stepped forward.

"Tikki, spots off!" Pink blinded me and when it faded Marinette stood in front of me.

I was speechless. I stuttered a few noncoherent words before I asked, "what are the odds?"

Tension was high with the new discovery. We stood looking at each other for an uncomfortably long time.

I thought I would break the ice, "so, is this why you're always late?" I peeked up at Mari while a small smirk played on my lips.

I was successful.

Adrien played along, "well, Marinette you are more adventurous than I thought. Jumping into a T-Rex's mouth and all..."

"Hey! Mr. I'm gonna sacrifice myself every. Single. Day!" She was getting riled up now.

I snorted, painfully, it was sooo true.

She turned on me, "oh ho ho, you have no room to talk, Ms. Show up and have no idea what's going on before just starting to yell at them!"

Adrien's turn to laugh at me.

I was about to shoot out a retort at him, but I heard high pitched giggling coming from elsewhere.

We all turned toward the sound to find our kwami's in a group.

The red one who I assumed was Tikki spoke, "oh they're so cute and funny..." She sighed.

They continued to talk and laugh with Kama. She didn't look as relaxed as the others. She kept peeking at me with concern.

"So what are we going to do now?" Marinette asked. I honestly had no idea.

"We can read cat-alogs together" he obviously couldn't help himself.

"Adrien, your Chat is showing." Marinette and I snapped our gazes to each other before bursting out laughing.

We continued to laugh, mine more pained than theirs.

My laugh then turned into a cough.

I could handle the laughing, barely. Coughing was unbearable.

I cried out trying to control the jolts of my diaphragm, trying to stop the pain emitting from my wounds. I removed my arm from my side to find my whole arm coated in blood.

My blood.

My mind went fuzzy, my vision soon followed.

Gravity pulled stronger to one side and I stumbled.

"(Y/n)!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am so sorry. I really am I swear. There is still more to come. Stay tuned.

You guys got a super long chapter, and I'm sorry again for the out come so far.

Are you scared yet?

Anyway, thanks for the 200 votes!

Love ya'll, and see ya later eh?

Eheh,

~FablesRose