Ch 16

"Well, that's the last problem," I say shutting Trenton's book.

I stretched against the trunk of the tree and felt my back pop at least three times. I moaned in satisfaction and slouched back down for a moment. I grabbed my bag and rocked myself up to make it easier to stand. I stood slowly, feeling, and probably looking like an old woman.

Trenton stood as well and we hugged briefly like we have done. I pulled back and was moving to head home when he grabbed my wrist gently.

"Wait"

I looked back at him as he let go and I turned to face him again.

"Um, so..." He nervously ran his hand through his hair, "do you think..." He started to mess with a callus on his hand that I hadn't noticed before. "Are you free Friday night?" He looked at me with a nervous cringe-smile that was adorable.

"Uh yeah," I smiled at him slightly, "why?"

"I was hoping if ... um... Maybe you would go to a movie with me?" He looked a bit more relaxed now that he got the first approach down.

My smile grew, "that would be great." I couldn't believe it, I got asked on a date. "Like a date?" Had to be sure though.

"Yeah, if that's ok...?"

"Of course." I wanted to say something else, but I didn't really know what, "Friday, as in two days from now, right?"

"... Yeah" he smiled and looked a little giddy, "see you then!" He turned and walked away and I had to walk away as well... Or else I would look weird. We wouldn't want that now would we?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: 'Are we still on for homework help today and tomorrow or are we just going to wait to see each other until tomorrow night?'

Trenton: 'I say we just hold off and see each other tomorrow night. I can manage until then... I hope😉'

Me: ' Okie dokie, just making sure.'

Me: 'Oh, and are we going to meet at the tree? I'm just going to go casual... So if it is something other than that you better tell me.'

Trenton: 'Uh, yeah, by the tree. And whatever you wear will be fine. See you tomorrow!'

Don't blame me, I have to be sure with a first date...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Come on! You are going on a date and not hanging out with me??"

"Tiffany, I spent time with you on Monday for your birthday. I can go on a date."

"Fine...have fun, be safe, don't do anything stupid." She said in complete seriousness. How? I have no clue.

"Tiffamu, I will be fine. You are acting like I'm never coming home again."

"What ever. Why do you keep calling me Tiffamu?"

"Cuz"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey! You didn't stand me up."

I laughed, "I was about to say the same about you!"

"What? Me? Never," he said dramatically and he led me away to the movie theatre.

"What movie are we watching?" I asked, hoping for a good one.

"Is INCREDIBLES 2 okay?" He asked glancing down at me hopefully.

I squinted, scrunched up my face, and pointed approvingly at him, "I like you..."

He chuckled softly, "I sure hope so, we have been friends for a while now."

That's great that he gets I mean platonically in instances like that.

We had a great time. I almost cried at the mini movie, but I didn't because I'm not a crier. Or if you are you totally did. We had a blast with the popcorn, drinks and the sequel to the best Pixar movie.

I think I could say it was a good date.

Maybe that glitch did happen for a reason... And maybe that reason could continue.