2: White lotus

author: Hey lovelies, i've made a ko-fi account and it is linked in my bio. If you'd like to support me, you can 'buy me a coffee' there to support me!! Once, i've gotten the hang of things there will be rewards for goals achieved!!

Chapter 2: 'White lotus'

"Miss, Guan family's Eldest Miss requests to meet you." Mimi reported.

When Mimi came in, Jing Xuan was resting in bed as she tried to recall the events that transpired after the assassination attempt.

She had long knew that after a few days of silence, Guan Yu Xuan would come to visit her. Yu Xuan would put on an act of expressing her worries about Jing Xuan's poor health before shifting the topic to the crown prince.

"Invite her in."

The wooden door opened as a beautiful figure walked in, half of her hair was put up into a bun. She had on simple make up that allowed her to look extremely beautiful and meek. She has mono lids however that did not affect her in the slightest as her eyes were still big.

She was gorgeous, very fitting of the beauty standards of modern times. She'll definitely be popular and well liked if she appeared in the modern world.

"Jing Xuan! How are you feeling?" Guan Yu Xuan asks as she took a seat across from Jing Xuan.

"Better." Jing Xuan replied coldly.

Why is she so cold? Could she have found out? No. No...

"Have you heard that Zi Feng will be back soon?" She asked, as a sweet smile adorned her face.

There we go again, trying to dig out information from me. Jing Xuan thought.

"Not interested. Yu Xuan, I know you like Zi Feng however we are not compatible with him. He is his highness the crown prince. I am merely a general's daughter, what help can I offer to him? I've thought it through and have decided to give up."

Guan Yu Xuan widen her eyes, she had truly believed that she had hid her feelings deeply and that not a single soul would know about her love for him. Instead, it was Mu Jing Xuan who had not been good at hiding her feelings. Whenever Mu Jing Xuan looks at Zi Feng, a blush would adorn her pretty cheeks.

Could she actually give up on him?

"Jing Xuan don't you also like Zi Feng?" Yu Xuan asked.

Jing Xuan chuckled, "liked. I'm no longer interested in him. Actually I'm planning to travel away for a period of time. I want to train myself, after experiencing these assassination attempts I've realised how weak I am. Moreover I am a general's daughter I should live up to my name, it'd be embarrassing if I died from an assassination attempt."

"Where will you be going?" Yu Xuan asked.

"I'm not sure yet. We'll see. Yu Xuan I've got stuff to do so I wont see you out, please." Jing Xuan said politely.

"Alright. You'll be coming back to school right? We all miss you, see you there."

After Yu Xuan left, Jing Xuan headed to her father's hall.

"Father." Jing Xuan greeted as she walked towards him.

"Father, daughter have a selfish request and hopes father will grant it."

"Jing Er, whatever you wish for, Father will grant it." He said smiling.

"I hope you wont regret saying that." She chuckled, "I want to head to father's stationary army camp and train under a disguise as a male. I know father you will not agree however when I realised how weak I was during the assassination attempt I really want to get stronger. And aren't I the general's daughter? I should live up to my name." She smiled.

"Even if father agrees, your mother will definitely not agree." He sighed at the end.

"I agree to let Jing'Er go to the army camp, however she must bring along Ming De's group of soldiers to protect her and I want letters every week!"

Jing xuan smiled widely and immediately nodded her head happily. Leaving here means, escaping death.

"I will set off in a week!" She said excitedly as she left the hall.

Mu Xuan De gifted her a small dagger for protection a few days before her departure. With Jing Xuan's knowledge from the 21st century, she drew up some design of sachet and send it to be made. She should also build up her reputation in school.

"Although I've usually kept to myself, I really appreciate everyone of you in this class. I may have seem unapproachable and cold, but I was just shy and afraid. I will be leaving in 2 days time and wanted to give everyone something so I had these made." Jing Xuan lifted a bag full of sachet up as she pours them out onto the table.

"These are my creations, the pink ones are for girls and the blue ones are for the boys. I hope you guys like them." She said earnestly and politely causing a trace of anxiety to form on Yu Xuan's face.

"Oh look its really cute!"

"Jing Xuan is actually really talented!! When she was speaking just now she was blushing, so cute."

"Looks like she's really shy. All those fake rumours!"

"She's actually really cute!"

Jing Xuan smirked inside, as she looked at all the reactions of her classmates. Yu Xuan who had painstakingly helped build her bad reputation has all gone to waste now.

2 days very quickly passed and Jing Xuan is on her way to the army camp.

"Jing Xuan, please be careful! I hope you have a safe journey." Yu Xuan wishes.

She knew of that the dangers Jing Xuan will have to face at the army camp and couldn't be happier that she'll(JX) be heading there. It was near the boarder, there's lots of wild animals and most of all there are also many abandoned convicted criminals.

Jing Xuan will definitely be in a lot of trouble when she heads over there.