31: Peace Talk

Chapter 31: Peace Talk

Jing Xuan jumped up from her bed as she looked at TingXiao who was entering her room through the opening in her window. Seeing him well and able to move she was relieved.

She stood still as she stared intently at TingXiao who was walking towards her,

"Where have you been? Are you okay? let me see your wound" she bombarded TingXiao with questions. He remained silent as he gently reached for her hand and cupped then in his,

"I've missed you" She stared into his pupils, feeling like the surrounding have disappeared and all there is, is him. She was speechless, clueless and doesn't know what to say to him.

"Did you miss me while i was gone?" he asked, without any hesitation while looking at their hands Jing Xuan nodded her head. When she realised what she had done, she blushes red and took her hand back.

"dangerous" she mutters as she walked towards her bed before gesturing TingXiao over.

"how's your injury?" she asked guiltily.

"You don't have to feel bad i-"

"Its my fault." Jing Xuan stated.

"No. I was the one who rushed towards you and accepted those slash willingly, don't feel bad it is not your fault." TingXiao explains.

"Why would you do that?!" She asked angrily, TingXiao and the others are all important to her and she wouldn't want any of them to get hurt or die because of her.

"Why? Because i love you and i would not and cannot let others hurt my women. If i can't even protect you what kind if man am i?" TingXiao confessed.

When these words reach Jing Xuan ears, there were a few minutes of silence before she jumps up from her bed and looked dramatically at TingXiao.

"what did you just say?" she asked shocked.

Seeing her reacting so cutely, TingXiao couldn't help but smile. He got up and walked seemingly threateningly towards JingXuan, every step he took forward Jing Xuan would step backwards.

This continues all the way until her back hits the wall, "I said, i love you and i would not allow anyone to ever hurt you." this time, she heard it perfectly. Her heart was fluttering as she heard his words, but what exactly is love?

"I dont know what is love..." she cluelessly said as she looked innocently at TingXiao. TingXiao had to use tons of self control to not pounce (SORRY) on her immediately, and pinch her cheeks.

He held her hand and guides her towards her bed, "Well, basically when you're in love your mind is constantly thinking about the guy, how is he, where is he, who he's with all that kind of stuff. Your heart beat faster around him, you like being around him and you love seeing him happy." TingXiao had a hard time trying to explain but it seems Jing Xuan understands what is love.

Doesn't that mean i like TingXiao? she asked herself. It took a few seconds before it sinks in and her cheeks blushes red. Back in her world, she had newer experience any romantic stuff neither have she fell in love before. She was a very prominent work oriented women, who forgets about love and relationships.

"Do you now realise who you love?" He asked, Jing Xuan was too shy to tell him anything so she did what she could. She squeeze his hand that was on hers to tell him 'yes'. That day TingXiao left in a happy mood and told her to await for tomorrow.

The next day, TingXiao put on his black hanfu with golden embroidery on them before he head to the morning court in the Eastern Kingdom as the crown prince of the Western Kingdom.

He walked into the hall with some of his Ministers as he took a seat opposite of Zi Feng. The tension in the air slightly rose as TingXiao got serious.

"This time my imperial father had sent me here to negotiate and to form an alliance. We know about the recent battle at the boarders of the southern kingdom, and we believe our kingdom would be in threat sooner or later. As you know, we love peace hence why i am here." TingXiao said as he looked at the emperor.

"Of course, it'll be our honour to have form an alliance with you. The conditions..."

"Our kingdom is well known for our bamboos, and silk we can import those into your Kingdom. However in previous years, our kingdom have been close off and now we are lacking behind in trends and designs. Your Kingdom will help us integrate to a more modernised era as compared to before.

Another condition is a marriage." TingXiao last sentence rang in the large court, everyone was silent, their breathing slowed down. The ministers are not sure how the prince would treat their daughter adding on to the fact that the emperor does not have a daughter it would definitely be theirs.

"This Kingdom does not have a princess." Zi Feng said as he stared at TingXiao.

"Why not we invite all the maidens from our kingdom to a welcoming party for Crown prince TingXiao. You can choose someone to wed from the party." The left minster Guan Ming suggested, he was keeping a look out for her daughter.

Both are crown prince, both personality are good and both are skilful. He believe his daughter deserve the best and if she gets this opportunity she can then become the queen.

"Then its decided, Zhen will throw a welcoming party for Crown prince TingXiao on the 15 of this month. All ministers and generals daughters are invited, all must attend."

With that, their entangling fate is set.